• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravens2006

Veteran
You all are a bunch of whinning babies..week 2 and its all doomsday. Just quit your gripping and accept the fact we got asses kicked and move on. It happens all the time. On the road Mosley down. For Christ sake the D only gave up 6 the whole second half.. The Oline got spanked only 2nd game they've played together
Remember Yanda didn't play all pre-season D line got whipped on early and ran out of gas..The fact that they even had a chance to win says a lot. Just chill out and let it play out before you hang yourself.

Why weren’t we kicking a field goal with 30-40 seconds and then go for onside kick ? I don’t get this . You never know what can happen with an onside kick
Has Tucker ever had a successful onside kick in his career? I really don't think so and even if he has they are few and far between.

I came in late, but maybe they didn't want to risk giving Cincy such a short field with enough time to score.
You all are a bunch of whinning babies..week 2 and its all doomsday. Just quit your gripping and accept the fact we got asses kicked and move on. It happens all the time. On the road Mosley down. For Christ sake the D only gave up 6 the whole second half.. The Oline got spanked only 2nd game they've played together
Remember Yanda didn't play all pre-season D line got whipped on early and ran out of gas..The fact that they even had a chance to win says a lot. Just chill out and let it play out before you hang yourself.
It's just discouraging to see them doing the same things they've been doing for the last few years. The Bengals are not the class of the NFL, they shouldn't struggle so very much against them.

It's also not comforting to think about what the B's are going to do to this defense week after next. If you can't hang with AJ how will you handle Brown?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
THANK YOU.
I'm not worried, I predicted it. We were missing some key pieces on defense other than CJ too. Bengals just played well... for the first quarter.

We should be fine. This isn't like last year. A bad team would've been blown out.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It's just funny to me how so many basically said CJ ain't shit but he goes down and all hell breaks loose.

And the problem isn't the loss. It's that we always seem to struggle against the Bengals. These same fucking problems every time. And someone bring up the first game of last year so I can remind you how when it mattered they essentially eliminated us from the playoffs. Up until the Titans game we're playing teams that will easily beat our current tackles. Hell... wouldn't surprise me to see Correa rack up a couple.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's just funny to me how so many basically said CJ ain't shit but he goes down and all hell breaks loose.

And the problem isn't the loss. It's that we always seem to struggle against the Bengals. These same fucking problems every time. And someone bring up the first game of last year so I can remind you how when it mattered they essentially eliminated us from the playoffs. Up until the Titans game we're playing teams that will easily beat our current tackles. Hell... wouldn't surprise me to see Correa rack up a couple.
Stanley had a terrible game but everyone is so mad that they're just undervaluing how good he's actually been. I'm not worried about him. We all know how I feel about fucking Hurst.

If only we had some young rookie RT that looked good in the preseason. Granted, I could understand not wanting to throw him into the fire against Von Miller. But honestly, how much worse could he be?

This team is going nowhere if Hurst is starting at RT. Sorry guys. No run game= recipie for failure regardless of how good the rest of the team looks.

Fuck you, Harbaugh

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Why weren’t we kicking a field goal with 30-40 seconds and then go for onside kick ? I don’t get this . You never know what can happen with an onside kick
You make a valid point. Harbaugh looked disengaged. Game started bad and maybe he meandered.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
After the classic 3h30 night of sleep that typically follows a prime time game for me, I've had time to think about it and ask myself the correct questions.

I'm honestly disappointed in Marty for going back to his predictible looks from last year and thus putting way too much pressure on the OL and inevitably on Joe.

Despite Green's first half, Wink just proved on this game that he's better than Pees. He adjusted well and didn't shy away from using the young players even in critical times. Pees never did that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
After the classic 3h30 night of sleep that typically follows a prime time game for me, I've had time to think about it and ask myself the correct questions.

I'm honestly disappointed in Marty for going back to his predictible looks from last year and thus putting way too much pressure on the OL and inevitably on Joe.

Despite Green's first half, Wink just proved on this game that he's better than Pees. He adjusted well and didn't shy away from using the young players even in critical times. Pees never did that.

With Marty it was straight from the beginning of the game too

That first 3 and out had some incredibly recognisable Marty playcalling

I said in the buildup to the game that if we were going to win on offence then we had to attack their LBs (like they did to us post CJ) and that meant getting the ball to Snead and the TEs and that didn’t happen enough

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
With Marty it was straight from the beginning of the game too

That first 3 and out had some incredibly recognisable Marty playcalling

I said in the buildup to the game that if we were going to win on offence then we had to attack their LBs (like they did to us post CJ) and that meant getting the ball to Snead and the TEs and that didn’t happen enough
My main concern was not necessarily the early 3 and outs, it happens that you need to get in rythm too. I thought the passes he called were better than perceived. The 4th and 2 was a good call, just poor execution from Buck.

My main issue was why didn't he use the Bengals' agressiveness to our advantage? Some screens to Collins or draw plays would have at least quieted them a lot and made the rest easier for the OL.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My main concern was not necessarily the early 3 and outs, it happens that you need to get in rythm too. I thought the passes he called were better than perceived. The 4th and 2 was a good call, just poor execution from Buck.

My main issue was why didn't he use the Bengals' agressiveness to our advantage? Some screens to Collins or draw plays would have at least quieted them a lot and made the rest easier for the OL.

tbf im glad he didnt call any screens because one of the ravens curses is that we will never have a screen game that works

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
tbf im glad he didnt call any screens because one of the ravens curses is that we will never have a screen game that works
That used to be true but Marty incorporated it with success last year. TE screens and such created easy completions for Flacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.