• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Actually you want my opinion? I think the NFL would be better with a Play Designer and a Play Caller. Hear me out but some guys just do a great job designing plays but are shit play callers. You also have some guys who can call plays like the best of them but cannot design worth a damn. I think this is the way TBH. Get someone to design your plays and someone to call them. Probably a radical idea we are years and years away from, maybe not even the best idea, but F it.

this kind of stuff already happens
pass game coordinators
run game coordinators
offensive coordinators who aren't playcallers

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What did Huntley say about Lamar?
Absolutely nothing other than do your thing in which Huntley replied I wish Lamar could have been there . Tony is just reaching desperately

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don't forget the good:

Killer run plays that gashed the defense for some nice yards
Critical conversions
Fluke plays that should've been negative plays that ended up being a critical conversion
Eye-popping deep throw that was completed

And some more bad:
Bad calls from the referees that shouldn't be called
Bad no-calls from the referees that should've been called
Bad football bounces that did not go our way (fumble out of bounds)

It honestly felt like we tried to defy our destiny and nearly came close to achieving it.

dudes were hitting last night
marlon nearly had 2 or 3 forced fumbles that bengals were barely holding onto

kyle absolutely rocked hayden for his but marlo was getting some clean shots and we obviously had the 1 on the punt that just went out of bounds

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
He told him before the game to do ya thang, but he wish lamar was able to come to the game

He just said that Lamar told him to do his thing.

Absolutely nothing other than do your thing in which Huntley replied I wish Lamar could have been there . Tony is just reaching desperately
That's it? I mean, that's not some damning comment. Who cares? My guess is Ravens scrubbed it because they are sick of the Lamar Jackson consumption right now and trying to get a handle on it. You'd think this team is the Baltimore Jacksons.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar not feeling this shit.. already didnt wanna give him a decent contract yet he played hoping the worst that could happen wouldnt happen, which it did.. he gets injured and now all these crazy rumors starts going around and a team that he shows and gives his loyalty doesnt even come out and defend him when people starts saying that some of rumors actually comes from within the building..

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The lone bright spots of this game were the fact that JK looked like he was basically almost BACK. Also Oweh out together a lot of good pressures and got home twice using speed into power which we haven't seen him do successfully really all this year.

im so happy for odafe
to finish that year like that is so important for his long-term development i feel

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
this kind of stuff already happens
pass game coordinators
run game coordinators
offensive coordinators who aren't playcallers
Is that the same thing? I mean if that's the case sure. I know Roman had input into the run game design but it was a weird situation and I never heard how that was based and then you had Marty calling the plays and he was clearly not using the same designs from Roman at times because the offense looked very different between them. If so, cool

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
If we get rid of harbaugh, prepare for a disaster..
I just don't get this response. There's no evidence either way, objectively. But this team is just starting to acquire the stench of the 2007 team. You had the team supporting a HC in 2006 and after an early exit in the Playoffs they started chirping. Dobbins is the first to fire a shot across their bow and I don't think he's going to be the last.
Also look how much the media and fans sit sit here and cry lol. We all complain when he doesnt say much and we complain we he sets the record straight.. he is in a lose lose situation every single time.
Take a page from Bill Belichik, a man who gives zero fucks about what the press thinks. "We going to begin preparation for next week's game..." No one is thrown under the bus, no misinterpretations about what was said or wasn't - because when you talk about one thing and not another there must be a reason for it, right? It's a difficult spot, but it doesn't have to be.

I aslo don't care how fast he would be picked up by another team. That is inconsequential to us if we think the team has stagnated under his leadership and are in need of new blood. I think we have and are. But I'm just one of many fans or posters, apparently filled with hubris (as someone said ^_^ ) and know-it-all-ism. Whatever. Even some steadfast John Harbaugh supporters inched closer to questioning him about what many of us have questioned him about for a few years. I can get over wanting a breath of fresh air in the HC job if we treat it like acquiring Kubiak, but if it is another handpicked JH OC like Marty, or Marc, or the like, we're right back to a repeat of this year and the last few, imo.
Honestly, I would never want to be a HC. You get criticized regardless lol. Don't go for it on 4th down, criticized. Go for it on 4th down, criticized. Say something and be honest with the media and say Huntley should've gone low, criticized. Say nothing about it, criticized. I have to give it to any head coach who has done this for a while. You have to have the thickest skin ever.
I agree. But if you take it or have the job, you accept it warts and all and get handsomely paid in the meantime.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
dudes were hitting last night
marlon nearly had 2 or 3 forced fumbles that bengals were barely holding onto

kyle absolutely rocked hayden for his but marlo was getting some clean shots and we obviously had the 1 on the punt that just went out of bounds
I'm really happy with the game yesterday outside of the loss, officiating, and some very bad plays (fumble-6 being the most obvious). I honestly think this was one of the best games we ever played from a competitive perspective considering people gave us no shot and we punched the Bengals in the mouth and no matter what we humbled them. They nearly lost to an offense with Tyler Huntley as the QB & James Proche and Demarcus Robinson as top-2 WRs in a league where WRs are becoming kings. Everyone knew to cover Andrews and stop Dobbins, limit Huntley to throwing the ball and give him the long yards because he probably can't complete it that far yet these Bengals still nearly lost. I am amazed by our play on the field. It was honestly one of our best games the outcome just sucked.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is that the same thing? I mean if that's the case sure. I know Roman had input into the run game design but it was a weird situation and I never heard how that was based and then you had Marty calling the plays and he was clearly not using the same designs from Roman at times because the offense looked very different between them. If so, cool

in most cases it's a collaboration with all the coaches involved
it's not like 1 guy does the designs and another separate guy does the playcalling but that there's a collaboration of guys that do all the designs and then 1 guy calls the plays on gameday

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Why? We need to get off the Harbaugh is a good guy thought. He's been very mediocre, 1 playoff win in 11 yrs is really bad. He sticks way too long with bad coordinators, his time management sucks.. I think we need a philosophical change even of it comes with the road bumps
Actually within 11 years The Ravens have won a super bowl and have won two playoffs game if you count season the 2014 season and the 2020 season. Harbaugh has only had two losing seasons among that time frame and most of the times when he had losing seasons it was due to major injuries on the team. I know people want change so bad cause Harbaugh been here so long and things haven't been what we all expected but he definitely is still a great coach. Alot of us expected us to be outcoached in last game against The Bengals and with all the outside noise going on with this team especially with Lamar I don't think there is a better head coach that could have kept this team focus and prepared.

Alot of y'all on think a head coach is about bringing in innovative schemes but that's half the battle.