• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I would do this any day of the week. Twice on Sundays!

a) Young isn't good.
b) if he miraculously becomes good, he's a rental, since we won't be able to afford to keep him beyond 2023.
c) why would we give up a draft pick? Queen is a better player than Young. I'm not giving up a player who can contribute a lot this year and a mid-round pick for a guy who's shown nothing in the league.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll take Malik Willis over Huntley.
We should get Flacco, he could deal it out to these targets. Honestly I would feel slightly more optimistic knowing we have a playoff dragon to potentially take over with 4 weeks to go should history repeat a 3rd time. Huntley better not make the team, do the right thing like we did with Evans and Cundiff, that fumble is the most disgusting play since that Patriots game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a) Young isn't good.
b) if he miraculously becomes good, he's a rental, since we won't be able to afford to keep him beyond 2023.
c) why would we give up a draft pick? Queen is a better player than Young. I'm not giving up a player who can contribute a lot this year and a mid-round pick for a guy who's shown nothing in the league.
That’s what I’m saying, to this point queen has been the better player, it would be costing us a whole lot to get a downgrade in both talent and availability just to fill a need, and in turn creating another need.

It feels like a 1 step forward 2 steps back kinda move

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Are these two worth bringing into camp? Went undrafted in the supplemental draft.

Jackson State WR Malachi Wideman
Purdue WR Milton Wright

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Yes. I'd definitely be interested in Malik as back up QB.

He was bad in Tennessee but it's hard to draw any conclusions from that because Vrabel obviously hated the pick and refused to use his running or to adjust the offense to him in the slightest. Rookie season Lamar might have looked pretty bad too, if he'd been asked to function as a pure drop back passer.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
a) Young isn't good.
Rookie season Chase Young was the least deserving DROY I can ever remember - a pure name recognition pick - but he did show a little as a power rusher. He's done nothing since but I wouldn't hate a straight player swap.

Young has/had talent and pass rush is just more impactful than Will Linebacker, so it might be worth the gamble even though Queen has been the better pro so far.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Rookie season Chase Young was the least deserving DROY I can ever remember - a pure name recognition pick - but he did show a little as a power rusher. He's done nothing since but I wouldn't hate a straight player swap.

Young has/had talent and pass rush is just more impactful than Will Linebacker, so it might be worth the gamble even though Queen has been the better pro so far.
I wouldn't. Queen knows the system and we know what we'll get from him. Young is a recovering unknown who will want to get paid. I'm not moving PQ unless it's a proven pass rusher or starting caliber cb.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sure... for the 4th round pick alone. We want to ship a 4th round pick for a upside rental, I can live with that.

Not for a good player and a draft pick. Queen is the best player and best asset in the trade.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Me too , but I’m sure someone will give up a late draft pick to snag him from the Titans. Unless he really is that bad and gets to FA, but even then I’m sure someone will offer more than us

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kill it with fire!

I hated those unis and that season.
We all hated those unis, but I will give the Ravens credit for trying. Our set up was getting a little stale. I think the only new uniform we’ve gotten since then was the all purples