• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well I expected to be putting this thread up tonight. But not after a game like that...

Lots of things to sort out this offseason but none of them are as structurally and philosophically defining as these 2:

1) Lamar's contract - if we get a deal done it opens up tons of cap space vs having to take on the whole franchise tag and changes the entire complexion of our free agency etc.

2) Offensive Coordinator

There's other bits and pieces to sort out but nothing as important as those 2 things...

Simba

Staff Member
An absolutely pivotal off-season on multiple levels. Have to figure out what you’re doing philosophically on the coaching front and on the offensive player personnel front.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
If Roman is still our OC for next season, I truly believe the apocalypse is near.

There is absolutely 0 doubt in my mind that they keep Roman. I haven't been this sure about something in a long time and I'm gonna keep saying it. Cause I'll throw myself off a bridge in a video game if I'm wrong.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens need a fundamental change, because right now that fire they used to have is just gone. I don't want us to be like the Cowboys of the AFC. A team that's just slightly too good/competitive each year to ever actually reset things, but still noticably behind the top teams and not catching up.

Simba

Staff Member
With some of the quotes coming out after the game (especially from Dobbins), I feel like the cracks are starting to show. Changes definitely needed or this could turn into a full meltdown. Did well keeping it in house over the last couple of years sans the guys that wanted traded, but feels like we’re at that breaking point now. Too much frustration. I know emotions are running high right now but not sure this is sustainable if some of the traits we showed this season carry over.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With some of the quotes coming out after the game (especially from Dobbins), I feel like the cracks are starting to show. Changes definitely needed or this could turn into a full meltdown. Did well keeping it in house over the last couple of years sans the guys that wanted traded, but feels like we’re at that breaking point now. Too much frustration. I know emotions are running high right now but not sure this is sustainable if some of the traits we showed this season carry over.

yeah - first time this is players still on the roster

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I hope this doesn't lead to us getting rid of Dobbins. I want more of this attitude on the team. Stars should have this level of fire to them.
Greg Roman cost us Hollywood and if Roman costs us Dobbins too....... we better be firing Greg Roman tomorrow.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My 1 hope above all for the 2023 season is just that ravens football is fun again

even our wins and successes have been tempered by injuries or other frustrations

i know it's been a "bit" from a few years ago that WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS but i'd really like to have some nice things again

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If Roman is still our OC for next season, I truly believe the apocalypse is near.

Greg Roman's contract is up with the team anyhow, so the only way he comes backs next.....

the-office-steve-carell.gif

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
We lost 4 of our last 5. Were really like to not be 1-6 in our last 7. This team really fell apart without Lamar. FO wake the fuck up. You fucked up not signing Lamar last season. Sign him and lets get this team right.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If you listen to Marlon's presser, he straight up says the defense under achieved based on the guys its got. The defense got dramatically better as the season went on and I think in particular the last 2 games against the Bengals were really encouraging. There's definitely something going on with lacking a killer instinct and generally being too soft. I hope this can get fixed. Probably gonna lose Calais, Peters, and Clark. That's a lot of leadership. I hope MM can learn a lot this offseason.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If you listen to Marlon's presser, he straight up says the defense under achieved based on the guys its got. The defense got dramatically better as the season went on and I think in particular the last 2 games against the Bengals were really encouraging. There's definitely something going on with lacking a killer instinct and generally being too soft. I hope this can get fixed. Probably gonna lose Calais, Peters, and Clark. That's a lot of leadership. I hope MM can learn a lot this offseason.
I wanted more from the defense, but first year play caller with a new system and a lot of guys coming in and out early. A couple of us said year 2 is where they thought they would really take off. With Roquan they better. Losing Campbell is going to suck, but we do get Pierce back.

I'll say this. Marlon never dodges accountability. Owns up and keeps it moving.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I wanted more from the defense, but first year play caller with a new system and a lot of guys coming in and out early. A couple of us said year 2 is where they thought they would really take off. With Roquan they better. Losing Campbell is going to suck, but we do get Pierce back.

I'll say this. Marlon never dodges accountability. Owns up and keeps it moving.
That's my favorite part about Marlon. So many on here will say the defense was great and blame the offense. It's not about one or the other. Marlon very clearly saw and stated they didn't quite get to where they could've been. That being said I think the future of this defense should be bright if we can make some key moves and get better at situational playcalling.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Team Needs:

QB, WRx2, G, RB, CBx2, DLx3, Edge

Backup QB is a must for me. WR is critical and should come from FA & Draft pick. G is an obvious need unless they really BELEE in Cleveland. RB is a need because Hill is gone and if not Edwards could be cut. CB is a need because of Peters and also because it’s a position I think you always bring people in every year. DL is a massive need. Edge is more backup and rotation since we have Bowser, Ojabo, Oweh but still need some fresh guys to come in and would love Houston back and a draft pick if we could.