• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Food for thought that one of the beat writers put out there today... in a world where Sala wins the LG job, does it make sense to keep Cleveland over Simpson? Cleveland has added T versatility to his utility belt this year, while Simpson is as pure of a G as it comes. Knowing that Mekari and Mustipher could also slide to G in an emergency, is there more value in a guy that can potentially play T? I'd still lean Simpson but it was a good point that got me thinking.
I know this doesn't address your point, but I think that Simpson will win the LG competition

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Food for thought that one of the beat writers put out there today... in a world where Sala wins the LG job, does it make sense to keep Cleveland over Simpson? Cleveland has added T versatility to his utility belt this year, while Simpson is as pure of a G as it comes. Knowing that Mekari and Mustipher could also slide to G in an emergency, is there more value in a guy that can potentially play T? I'd still lean Simpson but it was a good point that got me thinking.
Mekari and Faalele can cover tackle spot(s).
I don't trust Cleveland at all.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Put a fork in JK he done.
Nobody is going to pay him that. He wants to be paid top 3 but nobody has him in their top 10. Most don’t even have him in their top 15 or if they do he is 14/15.

He is going to get a rude awakening when he hits FA and everyone is offering him 5-6m with maybe one team willing to go 7-7.5m.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
The Brandon Stephens experience in a nutshell right here. Great movement skills, remains largely in the hip pocket, has the recovery speed when he loses a step. But then makes absolutely no effort to look for the ball. So frustrating when you have all of the physical attributes and the mental isn't there. Still think he's a better fit at S by far.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Brandon Stephens experience in a nutshell right here. Great movement skills, remains largely in the hip pocket, has the recovery speed when he loses a step. But then makes absolutely no effort to look for the ball. So frustrating when you have all of the physical attributes and the mental isn't there. Still think he's a better fit at S by far.

He got burned here and it wouldn’t have mattered if it was a better throw if he looked for the ball