• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Madubuike, and then Broderick Washington might fall short of “really good” but he’s certainly a very solid DL.
I would add Pierce to the very good when he's healthy lol and Washington is a big time riser. Travis Jones I'm hoping takes that big step.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
c7e0b7wbig3b1.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I’m a fan of Broderick, he’s A LOT better than I expected him to turn out. I was expecting DL depth and for him to be mostly a 5tech, he’s turned out to be near starting caliber across the entire DL

Valuable rotational piece

Not someone who you’re not necessarily trying to replace as a “starter” but absolutely someone who you love as a big part of that DL rotation

He projects to be play a ton of snaps this year as it stands

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hoping Greg Lewis (4 years in KC) paired up with Dub will be really positive for our WR group. Also hoping Tee Martin to QBs is helpful for Lamar. Most of all hoping that Monken really is the savior here and that the players are being put in positions to be successful

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why? He's a good run defender with good length. In a high probability run situation, which is the main time you need a tradiional 5 tech, I think Jones could do a decent job.
I don’t think he’s got the lateral movement needed for it, if he’s at 5tech defending a stretch zone against most nfl OTs there’s a real good chance he’s getting out leveraged and losing his assignment. I could be wrong, not saying he can’t, just saying that I’d be surprised if he can hold up against the field and a superior athlete on the edge

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I don’t think he’s got the lateral movement needed for it, if he’s at 5tech defending a stretch zone against most nfl OTs there’s a real good chance he’s getting out leveraged and losing his assignment. I could be wrong, not saying he can’t, just saying that I’d be surprised if he can hold up against the field and a superior athlete on the edge
He had the joint-best 3 cone time of DTs at his combine, if that's any indication

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He had the joint-best 3 cone time of DTs at his combine, if that's any indication
I didn’t know that and that’s surprising, like I said I could be wrong and he could be way more athletic than I’m giving him credit for, 5tech just seems like it’s a big developmental leap for him

Hey guys I have a autographed Ed Reed picture framed that doesn't fit with my current collection I have going. I'll give it away to whoever wants it just pay for the shipping. I work for FedEx so it will be cheap just inbox me. No, I'm not a scammer I've been a member here for a while.