• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Discussion (Other Teams)

Which Is More Likely To Occur in Week 3?

• 1. The Raiders Find A Pass Rush

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 2. The Browns Finally Win A Game

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • 3. Jon Gruden Continues Talking about Mack in Humorous Ways

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 4. Matt Patricia Turns On The Lions Rejoining the Patriots at Halftime

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jets @ Browns: In 2017, the Browns passed on Watson and Trubisky and faced them later that year. In 2018, they passed on Sam Darnold who they now face Thursday Night. Darnold has shown enough hope to be the guy the Jets have been looking for but he struggled throwing 2 interceptions against the Dolphins defense. The Browns defense continues to keep them in games but they keep finding ways to lose, will Thursday Night be the night the Browns win or will Darnold show why they should have drafted him over Mayfield?

Saints @ Falcons: The Saints are off to their annual slow start sitting at 1-1 and lucky The Browns are cursed enough to not be 0-2. Atlanta meanwhile seemingly found their offense against the Panthers and look to put a claim on the NFC South Crown by beating the Saints this Sunday.

49ers @ Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes will now bring the gun slinging home to Arrowhead as they host Jimmy G and the 49ers. Mahomes has thrown the most TDs in his first two starts(10) in NFL History and looks to add on to it against a 49ers defense that has allowed 300 yards per game so far in 2018.

Raiders @ Dolphins: The Dolphins are off to their first 2-0 start since 2013 and welcome in a Raiders team who will not only suffer from jet lag but suffer from a disease as Grudennitus that is destroying a team who had so much potential before Mark Davis injected the once promising team with this disease. The Raiders continue to lack a pass rush without Mack, while Miami had three sacks on Sam Darnold in last week's win over the Jets.

Bills @ Vikings: The Bills defense against Kirk Cousins, Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielan and company means another blowout loss incoming for Buffalo.

Colts @ Eagles: The Colts have had their leader back, now the Eagles get their leader back in Carson Wentz. Carson Wentz will make the start this Sunday at home against the Colts as he looks to pick up where he left off just before the injury occurred.

Packers @ Redskins: Aaron Rodgers and the Pack head to DC to take on the Redskins in a 2005 QB Draft match up with Alex Smith. Smith hopes to find the end zone more this week as they were held out of it against the Colts last week.

Bengals @ Panthers: The Queen City Showdown, Cincinnati vs Charlotte. Bengals vs Panthers. I'm not ready to label the Bengals contenders yet as it will take more than taking advantage of an injured player to convince me they are. The Panthers banged up offensive line sees a Bengals pass rush that has generated 6 sacks through two games in 2018.

Titans @ Jaguars: If you want to get to the Super Bowl in the AFC, you must go through Sacksonville. A win over the Patriots most likely sealed the one seed barring losing tiebreakers with the Chiefs and now welcome the Titans in a AFC South clash. The Titans are coming off a huge win over the Texans but may be slowed by the Jags defense. Blake Bortles is coming into his own as a starting QB and is finally showing why they picked him 3rd overall in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Giants @ Texans: The Giants have an offensive line problem, a problem that won't be helped when traveling to see the agency of Watt & Clowney. Both teams are 0-2 and in desperation mode for a win, and Watson seemed to shake off the rust he had in New England last week against the Titans. Expect more Eli Manning on the ground and scared reaction memes this week.

5b9f0754283a72865a000001.png

Chargers @ Rams: The Los Angeles Bowl game. These two teams are going to be sharing a stadium in the near future but are opponents on Sunday. The Rams sit 2-0 atop the NFC West while the Chargers will continue to be without Joey Bosa, and once again get everyone's hopes up that they will do something only to not do something.

Bears @ Cardinals: The Bears lead leaguing pass rush heads to the desert of Arizona to chase down Sam Bradford and the winless Cardinals. The Bears are building something special on defense and the Cardinals are.... not starting Josh Rosen for some odd reason.

Cowboys @ Seahawks: The Seahawks return home in an attempt to save their season as only 28 teams since 1990 have recovered from 0-2 and made the playoffs. Dallas looks to spoil the 12th Man in Seattle and looks to leave Seattle with a 2-1 start.

Patriots @ Lions: Another Student vs Teacher match up here as Matt Patricia welcomes Bill Belichick and the Patriots to Detroit for Sunday Night Football. It seems the Patriot way is not the Detroit way as veteran Lions players seem to be upset at Patricia. The Lions look to avoid a 0-3 start, and maybe Matt Patricia will walk away from the team at half time and rejoin the Patriots.

Steelers @ Buccaneers: I have a question for everyone here on this forum. Do you Believe In (Fitz)Magic? Fitzmagic is running wild in Tampa and the Bucs welcome in a team on the verge of exploding in the Pittsburgh Steelers. Can Ryan Fitzpatrick continue the surprise beat downs on opposing defenses when the Steelers come to town? Only if you believe in Fitzmagic.

ryan-fitzpatrick-conor-mcgregor.jpg

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay okay slow down. Jacksonville has already sealed the one seed? Stop..it’s week 3

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Okay okay slow down. Jacksonville has already sealed the one seed? Stop..it’s week 3

Look at the AFC right now. Pats always get the 1 seed, beating them gives them H2H tiebreaker and I overlooked the fact the Jags play the Chiefs Oct 7th which will most likely be the determining tiebreaker for the one seed. Bengals? They aren't going to last, Pats will overtake the Dolphins for the East title. Who else besides the Chiefs is going to stop them? Barring a loss to the Chiefs in October, Jags have it locked up especially if Bortles continues to blossom as a QB.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Look at the AFC right now. Pats always get the 1 seed, beating them gives them H2H tiebreaker and I overlooked the fact the Jags play the Chiefs Oct 7th which will most likely be the determining tiebreaker for the one seed. Bengals? They aren't going to last, Pats will overtake the Dolphins for the East title. Who else besides the Chiefs is going to stop them? Barring a loss to the Chiefs in October, Jags have it locked up especially if Bortles continues to blossom as a QB.

Regardless of the foundation that has been put down at the end of week 2, “sealed” may have been the wrong word to use. Not much can be sealed or locked up after two weeks. Besides the Bills not making the playoffs. They’re definitely gunning for that spot tho.

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We should just stop the season already. SB settled. It's gonna be Tampa Bay vs. Jacksonville. We'll call it the "Florida Bowl". Fitzmagic and Blake Bortles. Best SB QB matchup EVER

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
We should just stop the season already. SB settled. It's gonna be Tampa Bay vs. Jacksonville. We'll call it the "Florida Bowl". Fitzmagic and Blake Bortles. Best SB QB matchup EVER
Honestly let’s just cancel the NFL for the next 3 seasons, I don’t see Jacksonville ever losing, there’s no point since we already know the outcome right?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Honestly let’s just cancel the NFL for the next 3 seasons, I don’t see Jacksonville ever losing, there’s no point since we already know the outcome right?
All Jacksonville needs is a commitment from Kevin Durant and they'll be set to be the new bitches of the league for years to come

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bruce Arians said Patrick Mahomes is one of the four smartest players he’s ever seen on the board, up there with Peyton and Luck. “Who’s the fourth guy?” I asked. “Don’t want to say,” he said. “That way, every other guy I have coached will think that I’m talking about him.”

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Bruce Arians said Patrick Mahomes is one of the four smartest players he’s ever seen on the board, up there with Peyton and Luck. “Who’s the fourth guy?” I asked. “Don’t want to say,” he said. “That way, every other guy I have coached will think that I’m talking about him.”
Haha that’s awesome

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I knew not to pick the Browns but I couldn't resist. The Browns have a losing habit so of course they will lose, cant win if you don't know how.