• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

MLB Postseason 2018

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Congragulations Dodgers, you're brutalizing a team going through the "new playoff team" phase. And the NL this year is utterly pathetic. Enjoy you walking your way through the playoffs before a team from the AL massacres you in the World Series.

I read this in Urinating Tree's voice, and now we just wait for the Red Sox to destroy them in the World Series and everything you said would have come true.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fuck you Roberts. You're the Mike Tomlin of MLB managers. You coast off of elite talent and nothing more. You are garbage.

So analytical time.

This is going to be even more entertaining than last year's series. For different reasons though. These two teams are some of the most evenly matched I've ever seen.

The Dodgers seemed to have learned from their previous mistakes from last year roster wise. They did not acquire another pitcher at the deadline and still have a strong bullpen.. Because some of their pen would be good starters elsewhere. Maeda, Urias, and Wood would be #2s elsewhere(With Urias having an incredibly high ceiling). Wood was even an all star last year and is still a damn good pitcher. They didn't need to acquire another pitcher: Walker Buehler looks like a future ace and the guy who is going to replace Kershaw one day, which marks the fourth consecutive year that the Dodgers have brought up an all star caliber rookie. Rich Hill is still a high-end #2 stallwart, and Ryu has returned form the dead. That four man rotation is likely the best in baseball, as Clayton Kershaw, although clearly beggining his decline, is still the ace we all know him to be. Kanley Jensen is still an elite closer. Ryan Madison has been quality for them.

The hitting has also somehow improved. Max Muncy has come right the hell out of nowhere to become a guy who hits dingers for a living. Matt Kemp has revived his career and while he's been slumping, he is still good. Justin Turner is still the same player who hits just about everything in site. Joc Pederson and Puig are proving themselves to be post season players. Then come in the acquisitions. Your young, stud shortstop goes out for the year with Tommy John surgery? No problem, just go trade for the best shortstop in baseball. You don't even give up one of your elite prospects either, you have so much money and an elite farm system. Second base woes? Go get golden glove winner Dozier. Injuries in the outfield? Simple solution, move Bellinger to CF and acquire postseason beast David Freese. Grandal being horrifically bad? Not a problem, Austin Barnes would be a starter on 70% of the league's teams anyways. Pound for pound, the most talented roster in baseball...

And they're still going to fucking lose because of the genius of Dave Roberts.

Now for the Red Sox.

Chris Sale has been the ace they acquired two years ago. He has overtaken Kershaw as the best lefty in the league. The rest of their staff is still impressive. David Price is not the guy he used to be anymore, but as their #3, he's good. Rick Porcello was a Cy Young winner just two years ago(even if Verlander was the one who really deserved it), and Eovaldi is one of the most underrated pitchers in baseball. The offense needs no true introduction. Kimbrel is an elite closer and the bullpen is quality. Doesn't help that the majority of the Sox's offense consists of all star players. The Sox have the best offense in baseball bar none. Bates, JBJ, Moreland, JD Martinez. All studs in their own right. Even the best pitching in the world would struggle.

Dodgers bullpen aside from three pitchers is terrible. They're going to need each pitcher to eat 8 innings each respectively if they want a chance.

Overall
Pitching: LA> Red Sox
Hitting: LA<Red Sox
Bullpen: LA<Red Sox
Manager: LA<<<<Red Sox

Sox in five. Fuck you Roberts

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fuck you Roberts. You incompetent sack of shit. You will continue to bowl over the pathetic NL every year because of how pathetic the teams are there. You have one of the most talented teams in the league every year, and you do nothing but ruin it for them. He's a genuinely horrible manager on a team. He is the Mike Tomlin of baseball coaches minus the ring. The Dodgers have a bolstering farm system, unlimited funds and you have nothing to show for it. If you get the broom like I think you do, you should be fired. You should have been fired last offseason after how poorly you mismanaged the world series. Yes, you were that bad and that would have been the right move. @RavensMania . Yes. That would not have been dumb. In the hands of a real manager the Dodgers would have won.

Fuck you Roberts.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Oh look Yasamini Grandal, who has been absolute shit this postseason. What can possibly go wrong here? You have runners on first and second and you continue to trot him out.

Even if he homers here it doesn't matter. Roberts is still a dogshit manager

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Brilliant performance Roberts. Your first dumbass mistake was sending Kershaw out to the mound to close against the Brewers, ruining any real chance at adaquate rest. It's the World Series and you have a white hot closer in Jansen and a solid bullpen. Use him. And seriously? Grandal? He's been absolute dogshit this postseason and you kept using him when he's struggling both offensively and defensively. You have Barnes who is a damn good defensive catcher, at least he provides you something. You ensure players that were good in the postseason aren't playing. Pederson usually shows up in the postseason.

I am a casual baseball fan. You're the Ty Lue or Mike Tomlin. You coast off of elite talent and nothing more. You have wasted Kershaw's prime. I could do your damn job and get this team to a World Series, it wouldn't be that hard. The FO better hope they can sign Kershaw again in tandem with Manny. You might as well try for more elite talent. Not like your team is riddled with all stars and quality prospects..

Go fuck yourself Roberts. Hope the Red Sox send you a ring too cause you're the true MVP of this series.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m sticking to my guns and saying the Red Sox in 5. Also agree with lost, no reason to send Kershaw to the mound to close out the Breweres in game 7

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
On this episode of "Fuck you Roberts" you take Ryu, who is notorious for only being able to pitch well in Dodgers stadium and decide to pitch him instead of Rich Hill who is way better on the road. Great job Roberts. I'm a Dodgers fan and want Manny to win a world series but I hope you get the fucking broom. Despicable.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Boston is getting the easiest sweep in World Series history, Dodgers took advantage of a bad NL and now are getting crushed. They took the Astros to 7 games last year and now are two games away from a 4 game sweep.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Congragulations Roberts! You played yourself again. Pulling Buehler, the future of the team because of the pitch count even though he was utterly dominating. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I hope you're fired!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Congragulations Roberts! You played yourself again. Pulling Buehler, the future of the team because of the pitch count even though he was utterly dominating. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I hope you're fired!

To do it in such a tight game like this makes that decision even worse.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like this will be an all nighter, top of the 12th and still tied at 1.

Edit: 14 innings later and this game is now 2-2 heading into the 15th. Yep all night.

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Congragulations Dodgers! You won a game... Wait.. So you mean if you have one of the deepest offenses in all of baseball you can go in 15 innings and still win? What a shock. Rodgers gets no credit. He still sucks

Pats

Veteran
Ian kinsler handed the dodgers a win, they should be down 0-3. Then again the dodgers were gifted some wins against the brewers courtesy of jefress too

Pats

Veteran
As much as I dislike the dodgers, if they didn't have machado on the team they wouldn't have been as unbearable. So glad he struck on his knees to end the series.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
45002921_2190639144316095_1006175618997420032_n.jpg

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
T'was a different era and time

For a long time it has been
Unless the Yankees turnaround
Can we expect a dynasty
Kindly I hope not

Yet it's possible
Or it won't happen.
Universally we are all angry. At least the Astros were likelable

Roberts can suck a bag of dicks
Overmanaging bastard
But now the time has come
Eat a dick Roberts
Real hard and real fast
Take off and run before the fans brutalize you
Seriously, with that payroll the fact that you haven't won a championship is pathetic. Your overmanaging and dumbass strategy cost the dodgers.