• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up @Cleveland

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Wow really? We are keeping McClellan?
Yea that was a bit of a shock to me too but I think Board has a concussion or something and at least that bodes well for Averett playing soon.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wow really? We are keeping McClellan?

darious williams has been on the roster as DB cover and that's literally all - he does nothing on special teams and hasnt played a snap of defence - with averett likely back soon and canady back by week 9 there's really no need to carry williams now that smith is back - it feels like we are underhanded given that we'll only have 4 active corners on gameday but we also have chuck clark who's played a lot of snaps as a "big nickel" defender in the slot which is the only position that darious williams is really covering for anyway given his height and lack of physicality

darious williams has felt like the 53rd man on this roster since before week 1 lol - he's only made it this far methinks because of the canady and averett injuries

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Missed an opportunity to type cary Williams.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Eh CJ kinda sucks as a blitzer tbh
.... That's what you take out of this. Lmao.

Even then. Sure we run a lot of nickle but we need to start using the guy to his strength. I don't think he's this lost cause like Correa was. He has things about his game that are very good(Bowser). His issue is that he has no pass rush moves whatsoever like Za'Darius coming out. It's a big reason I think we drafted Tim Williams and we are not short on edge players in the slightest. Bowser isn't as good as Telvin Smith but he could be that SAM for us that's good enough to push the defense over the top.

I think with Tim Williams we finally have found that starter for the next ten seasons. I think he's the successor for Suggs and Judon is a good player himself who hasn't arrived yet. I'd still take an edge player in the upcoming draft anyways since Za'Darius is likely gone and Suggs might retire.

Bowser is gonna be a good player, but we have to start using him correctly or else he will be a second round bust.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like the thought of an edge rusher in the draft but I would MUCH prefer to get a couple interior OLine players because I honestly think the Ravens are a C and LG away from a top 3 NFL offense which coupled with a top 2 defense makes you the AFC Rams.

The window is about 3 years before the contracts come due so might as well go all in now (this year the cap moves are easy but in 2 years it gets much harder)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I like the thought of an edge rusher in the draft but I would MUCH prefer to get a couple interior OLine players because I honestly think the Ravens are a C and LG away from a top 3 NFL offense which coupled with a top 2 defense makes you the AFC Rams.

The window is about 3 years before the contracts come due so might as well go all in now (this year the cap moves are easy but in 2 years it gets much harder)
While this doesn't have to do with our upcoming game at CLE, we NEED interior o-line BADLY just so our offense stands a chance against the other Ohio team and that front-4 that they'll have for quite some time.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
.... That's what you take out of this. Lmao.

Even then. Sure we run a lot of nickle but we need to start using the guy to his strength. I don't think he's this lost cause like Correa was. He has things about his game that are very good(Bowser). His issue is that he has no pass rush moves whatsoever like Za'Darius coming out. It's a big reason I think we drafted Tim Williams and we are not short on edge players in the slightest. Bowser isn't as good as Telvin Smith but he could be that SAM for us that's good enough to push the defense over the top.

I think with Tim Williams we finally have found that starter for the next ten seasons. I think he's the successor for Suggs and Judon is a good player himself who hasn't arrived yet. I'd still take an edge player in the upcoming draft anyways since Za'Darius is likely gone and Suggs might retire.

Bowser is gonna be a good player, but we have to start using him correctly or else he will be a second round bust.
I’ve taken a slight liking to chase winovich and Montez sweat. Winovich looks like a slam dunk 3 down defender, and sweat is a fucking bat outta hell type of speed rusher, not sure which I’d prefer but shit if we’re picking at the end of the first and one of those 2 are somehow available, itd be hard to think of a better prospect.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

It’s a strong edge rush draft, so at the end of the first it’s hard to think someone like chase winovich couldn’t be available, or a player of his caliber, id have a hard time taking an elgton Jenkins or Michael Jordan, 2 players I’m VERY high on, over a guy like that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the biggest thing about it is that yes it's good that he'll be playing but if he's getting the start on debut that is a pretty big indicator that his role straight away is going to be fairly big and they arent going to force him to sit and slowly earn those major snaps
Exactly my thoughts, this isn't some bullshit move like they did with maxx where they activated him just because they needed another TE on the roster, they think he’s plenty healthy and he’s ready to go. No surprise considering his squeaky clean skillset, the dude does everything well

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stanley needs to keep Flacco clean in the pocket even if it means he gets TE help to do so. We need to keep Flacco upright and give him time to play like he's been. If that happens I don't see the Browns standing a chance against the Ravens. I fully believe the Ravens D will rally against Baker and stifle him or make him pay with a few INTs if he tests them. On defense we need to keep the best run stuffers in rotation to stop the Cleveland running attack which is pretty darn good. Make Baker beat them and he won't be able to - not against a secondary that now has Jimmy Smith as well.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I hope that our defense is disciplined enough to ensure that Baker's (inevitable) scrambling is kept at a minimum. Since we kept AB and Juju to less than 70 yards receiving each, I expect the same damn thing against Landry and Calloway. I'm MOST nervous about Njoku and their RBs are no slouches.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
My prediction on inactives: Averett, Timmy, Lasley, RGIII, Board, Henry/Sieler and Grasu.