• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up @Cleveland

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i cant believe that our team is only about to get better - Jimmy Smith added to that defence is scary - we can rotate, keep people fresh, and most importantly we'll probably be better locking down the middle of the field because jimmy locks down one side without safety help (and marlon kinda almost does too now as well)

on top of that our TEs in this scheme are incredible and the best one of the bunch might not have played a down yet

its between him and urban but our best interior pass rusher might also not have played a down yet and add him back to the DL rotation only keeps everyone else fresher

rossihunter2

Staff Member
it was a joke to start the year because it felt like a classic annual offseason trope
but the Browns are not the worst team in the division - their pass rush is outrageous and they are so aggressive - we're going to have to do so much work in the film room this week to make sure our protections hold up because greg williams loves to blitz and myles garrett is borderline unstoppable at the moment on defence

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns are better than the Steelers. It’s not up for debate.

If Baker played week 1 the Browns would’ve beat them handily.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's best we don't get cocky. The Browns are competent this year...

But we're getting reinforcements in the forms of Jimmy Smith, Willie Henry, and Hayden Hurst among others.

And we have a solid track record vs. rookie QBs even if we are on the road, but this has the makings of a trap game.. That said, I still have this as a W but unlike other games vs. the Browns it's competitive and a GOOD GAME

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I agree about this being the quintessential trap game. If our defense can limit Landry and our o-line can limit Garrett, that's going to be HUGE.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it was a joke to start the year because it felt like a classic annual offseason trope
but the Browns are not the worst team in the division - their pass rush is outrageous and they are so aggressive - we're going to have to do so much work in the film room this week to make sure our protections hold up because greg williams loves to blitz and myles garrett is borderline unstoppable at the moment on defence
It’s Gregg Williams. Williams will say the 2nd G stands for genius. I met him once and that is what he said. He was smiling though, but...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We have to contain the edge because Carlos Hyde has quietly been excellent and the browns have a legit OL and if we can continue playing better on the edge we will be fine there.

Otherwise, I think 4 man rush and lots of complex looks will usher in mayfields “welcome to the nfl moment”. I think winks D is gonna throw way too much at Baker for him to handle, at least for this game. That dime package needs heavy use.

On offense, continue working the TEs heavy. Quick, creative, schemed shots at the TEs is what makes this offense go, along with plenty of deep shots. Buck Allen has the hot hand, get him the ball a lot in the 2nd half. He’s become a fucking workhorse. Snead is deadly on seams and when being hit in stride even with coverage, he is unfazed by defenders in his radius, keep working him.

Real potential for a trap game, but if we don’t beat ourselves it should be a blowout. Don’t open up like we did vs cinci, don’t have a 2nd quarter like we did tonight, and it’s an easy GG before the 4th quarter starts

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We have to contain the edge because Carlos Hyde has quietly been excellent and the browns have a legit OL and if we can continue playing better on the edge we will be fine there.

Otherwise, I think 4 man rush and lots of complex looks will usher in mayfields “welcome to the nfl moment”. I think winks D is gonna throw way too much at Baker for him to handle, at least for this game. That dime package needs heavy use.

On offense, continue working the TEs heavy. Quick, creative, schemed shots at the TEs is what makes this offense go, along with plenty of deep shots. Buck Allen has the hot hand, get him the ball a lot in the 2nd half. He’s become a fucking workhorse. Snead is deadly on seams and when being hit in stride even with coverage, he is unfazed by defenders in his radius, keep working him.

Real potential for a trap game, but if we don’t beat ourselves it should be a blowout. Don’t open up like we did vs cinci, don’t have a 2nd quarter like we did tonight, and it’s an easy GG before the 4th quarter starts
They have a legit interior. Their tackles are where we need to attack.

This is a game where David Njoku and Baker Mayfield might kill us. I'm not too worried about their rushing attack, we took out a pretty good one, hell of two of them recently. We historically play very well against rookie QBs, with a few outliers sure, but even one as good as Baker, I could see us succeeding. In a lot of ways, this is his first true test. The Jets are terrible and the Raiders don't really have a defense. Jimmy Smith coming back is probably going to be huge.. Especially since they no longer have Josh Gordon. While Antonio Callaway is talented, Jimmy and Marlon are more than a match for the guy. We get to Jarvis Landry and he's a problem but Tavon has looked much better these past two weeks. We should shadow Jimmy towards him and just eliminate him entirely... Leaving Njoku who scares the hell out of me.

Offensively, not too worried about pass protection. Myles Garrett is playing up to the hype, but this offensive line has been consistently good at protecting Joe. Their secondary is the problem that scares me but we have so many weapons that I'm not too sure it could matter. Especially with Hayden coming into the picture, they can't take away everyone. Joe Schobert has quietly been a stud this season too. But the rest of that LB corps is overrated and outside of Garrett they don't have a guy who scares the hell out of you as a pass rusher(should've taken Bradley Chubb is what I'm saying here. I know Ward is a good player, that's the difference between a good team and a dynasty. Good corners grow on trees, all pro upside pass rushers don't). Kirksey isn't that great, Jamie Collins has pulled a Jay Cutler and is on cruise control too.

The Browns have some nice pieces, they're not ready just yet. They're good enough to steal a game from you if you get cocky(see Saints) and don't show up, but if we show up we should win this. They're a 4-6 win team this year, which is certainly an improvement. They should also be 4-0, but they still low key have a tendency to go "full Browns"

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kinda worried about the Browns like everyone else as this could be a trap and it is in Cleveland. They’re also a divisional foe, and while I’d normally mention that as a negative for us and them, I think it may help because we shouldn’t be looking past them. I think we usually lose games to teams who aren’t in our division when they’re “bad” because we look past them. I like us to win but it won’t be a pushover like in years past

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly I think we blow them out. The whole “browns play the ravens tough” thing has been for years past where we fielded shitty teams who couldn’t make a play in the passing game and we had constant miscommunications on defense. And josh McCown... that fucking guy... but this year is different, another rookie qb is gonna feel what the rest of them feel, you just don’t play rookies vs the ravens defense because they aren’t mentally ready for that. I think the ravens have clearly the #2 defense in the league right now.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly I think we blow them out. The whole “browns play the ravens tough” thing has been for years past where we fielded shitty teams who couldn’t make a play in the passing game and we had constant miscommunications on defense. And josh McCown... that fucking guy... but this year is different, another rookie qb is gonna feel what the rest of them feel, you just don’t play rookies vs the ravens defense because they aren’t mentally ready for that. I think the ravens have clearly the #2 defense in the league right now.

My one worry with the game is the Browns can rush the QB and the Ravens offense struggles against teams that can rush the QB generally.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My one worry with the game is the Browns can rush the QB and the Ravens offense struggles against teams that can rush the QB generally.

yeah im worried about myles garrett (not just in the passing game but he's been a beast in the run game too - the amount of time he spends in the backfield is not far off what JJ Watt, Khallil Mack, Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox get up to every sunday - that's how good he's been

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing is for sure. Our pass rush needs to get home way more often. Judon is a waste of time. The only pleasent surprise with him vs the steelers is that he avoided any dumbass penalities.