• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Draft a Franchise?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
First off who said I wanted to play? I wanted to get the game rolling to build the forum up. Then you are running your mouth without knowing what you are talking about. The dude that took over the game was having a blast with tons of draft picks.

Now a question. What is the point of the game. Ok you put the team together then what. I know in fantasy league you count up points or credits. In your game I didn't see anybody post about adding up points ? So how do you win the game or league whatever?
It's nothing for you to worry about. Let's put it that way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
First off who said I wanted to play? I wanted to get the game rolling to build the forum up. Then you are running your mouth without knowing what you are talking about. The dude that took over the game was having a blast with tons of draft picks.

Now a question. What is the point of the game. Ok you put the team together then what. I know in fantasy league you count up points or credits. In your game I didn't see anybody post about adding up points ? So how do you win the game or league whatever?
That's not the case. You never confirmed the trades and as such those trades were nixed. People lost out on other trade opportunities because they trusted you to confirm the trade. Imagine that.

It's not about winning the game at all. It's more about thr fun of it all and acting like a GM of a particular team. You call the shots on your team and build the way you want using trades salary cap and the draft. Most people have a lot of fun with it. You're in the minority.
[doublepost=1495222867,1495222677][/doublepost]
It's nothing for you to worry about. Let's put it that way.
Exactly

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We probably would have filled out by now on the old site, or at least be in the twenties. It's a shame the community kinda got split apart. If we do have a hard time filling the slots, it could be a good idea to advertise the draft a franchise game on the Ravens reddit, or to any friends you guys have off this board that might like trying it out.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
We probably would have filled out by now on the old site, or at least be in the twenties. It's a shame the community kinda got split apart. If we do have a hard time filling the slots, it could be a good idea to advertise the draft a franchise game on the Ravens reddit, or to any friends you guys have off this board that might like trying it out.
Would the admins be willing to do Twitter? I think Reddit would be good.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@Sledge Hammer, I'm not going to explain the game to you because you aren't interested nor would we even give you another opportunity to screw up the game again. Most of us are very busy in our lives, whether it be from people in college business owners. However, I'm organized enough to be able to put some time aside to do the things I like to do. Two of those games are the Forum mock and Draft a Franchise. When I wasn't available I would have someone cover for me. It's what the responsible player does in both games.
Let's leave it in the past and since you aren't watching you don't need to be reading this thread...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
@Sledge Hammer, I'm not going to explain the game to you because you aren't interested nor would we even give you another opportunity to screw up the game again. Most of us are very busy in our lives, whether it be from people in college business owners. However, I'm organized enough to be able to put some time aside to do the things I like to do. Two of those games are the Forum mock and Draft a Franchise. When I wasn't available I would have someone cover for me. It's what the responsible player does in both games.
Let's leave it in the past and since you aren't watching you don't need to be reading this thread...
Yeah. I work 30+ hours a week and am a full time student(granted I'm on summer break now but still). I also tutor, and teach a class twice a week at a gym. Yet still have time.

But we don't want you anyway after what happened the last time.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Why do you always have to beat me to the punch on these damn things? Being an asshole is my thing. Alabama sucks and you do too. :p. Smh. C'mon man. :p

As for which gym? I work for a series of personal trainers at a (high end) country club. It's nothing much, I work the desk at the gym and teach the morning stretching/core/flexibility class. Given my experiences as a martial artist with Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Kickboxing Muay Thai, etc, I also incorporate some techniques from there into it if my clients are capable of doing that stuff still(some are old, some are not). Given that I'm not even 20 yet, I'm personally surprised that I was hired as this is one of my primary responsibilities. I actually make more than the other attendants because of this.. And I'm only 19.

But that's beside the point. We all have lives. This game, unlike the other one doesn't take NEARLY as much time. Most of us come into the game with a basic plan(usually I try to find a QB first and then build up the trenches and see if I can find a bargin at the skill positions) and we execute. It doesn't take too much reasearch nor time. And given that none of us win(this is just for fun. Not a competition. But let's be real... Truth wins this every year) we are all usually willing to help each other with suggestions and whatnot. It's a lot of fun really. I like participating and it allows me to go back to doing what I love(my current job, guitar, working out, martial arts, and pleasure reading). I don't have a lot of friends I can talk football with, and this game gives me some of the better people I know. So yeah. We have lives buddy.

For example. RavensFanMania is self employed. He vacationed in Wailea Hawaii last year, which ain't cheap. I keep in touch with him outside of these forums, and I can tell you, he works very hard to earn a living and he doesn't have too much free time. Honestly, between all of us, I probably have the most free time given my age and the fact that I don't go back to university until August. But nonetheless I still tutor, teach, and work at a country club's gym. I'm not exactly the type of guy who would waste 100% of my free time on the game(like 5% of my free time goes to here).

One year I legit didn't have time to participate and served as more of an "advisor" role to -Truth-(as if he really needed my help lol. I mean. I think I'm good but not as good as he is). We are all willing to help one another out to make the process go faster. You're not trolling, but are being rather unreasonable. I'm sorry we hurt your ego.

Last edited by a moderator:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lmao some time aside u act like it's the highlight of your life. so busy yet u remember over a yr ago in a fantasy game. U can't have much going on. I mean if u have better things to do u wouldn't be wasting time on a fantasy game.
[doublepost=1495259828,1495259606][/doublepost]

U teach at a gym?? Which gym
It certainly looks like you have time to post on these boards, since You post pretty frequently. I'm using this as an example that you do have time. People are only playing the game during down time. It isn't a highlight. That being said, the game takes a couple months, with all the pieces of the game. Draft a Franchise is much simpler.

Btw, the you aren't interested in this thread, then why are you watching and responding.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It certainly looks like you have time to post on these boards, since You post pretty frequently. I'm using this as an example that you do have time. People are only playing the game during down time. It isn't a highlight. That being said, the game takes a couple months, with all the pieces of the game. Draft a Franchise is much simpler.

Btw, the you aren't interested in this thread, then why are you watching and responding.
Because that's what trolls do.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You came into this thread under your own power. No one invited you or "called you out" at any point to even bring you here.

And when someone confronted you over your antics in a previous game, you got very defensive of yourself and aggressive toward other people.

You brought this upon yourself and continue to do so.

Last edited by a moderator: