• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

How many picks will the Ravens make in the first 2 days of the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
As I suspected, starting to get the “who and why” picks at the end of round 3. Draft is starting to drop off considerably so expect a lot more of those types of picks
It seems that way but historically there's not much drop off between the number of starters/contributors between the 3rd and the first half of the 4th. Maybe it's coming slightly earlier this year?

Simba

Staff Member
It seems that way but historically there's not much drop off between the number of starters/contributors between the 3rd and the first half of the 4th. Maybe it's coming slightly earlier this year?
Mostly just illustrating that it’s a pretty weak class overall and the number of guys I had ranked in day 2 that are still available is not many. So when you start seeing random names pop up in this range, it’s typically a sign that everyone at this stage blends together.

Simba

Staff Member
I’ve got only 8 guys left I had a clear day 2 grade on:

Kelee Ringo
Clark Phillips
Cory Trice
Adatomiwa Adebawore
Chandler Zavala
Dawand Jones
Tyler Scott
Isaiah McGuire

A few more guys in my 3/4 bucket but not many there either

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok going into tomorrow morning my 3 guys I covet are

Darius Rush / Jakorian Bennett / Ringo
Adebawore / McGuire
Zavala / Dawand

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Right but there's at least something the entire NFL sees as wrong.
Rumors out there are that teams think he might be a S in the NFL. Saw one quote saying that he struggles with his back to the ball (which is certainly evident in the tape) and might be best suited to playing S with things in front of him more often.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Rumors out there are that teams think he might be a S in the NFL. Saw one quote saying that he struggles with his back to the ball (which is certainly evident in the tape) and might be best suited to playing S with things in front of him more often.
But Banks has that same issue

Simba

Staff Member
I agree but I'm just saying he's also not great with his back to the ball
His hips are a lot cleaner to make that transition in the league. For as athletic as Ringo is, there’s definitely some concern with how he bends. Banks answered some of those questions.

Still goes back to the projection aspect on Ringo for me. If I was grading the tape only, he’s a late rounder. He got the day 2 from me because I thought he was projectable based on some of the traits, but it’s seeming like teams don’t believe that.

I’m not sure what a lot of you guys see in Ringo. I have not seen it at all with him. I would have been pissed about that pick

As for Simpson, I love the pick. Easily BPA. I thought he was easily a 2nd rounder, maybe had a chance to sneak into round 1. Queen will be on this team this year and he walks next season for a comp pick and we have his replacement ready to go.