• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

How many picks will the Ravens make in the first 2 days of the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
It seems like that Mel Kiper video from earlier in the season is turning out true: the Ravens don't think this draft is very deep and weren't concerned about acquiring more picks.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t mind a swing for the fences in the 5th on CB Eli Ricks or WR K.Boutte. Bad seasons have them both falling if they had years similar to their previous performances easy 1-2 round talents.

Injuries and coaching change cost K.Boutte makes me think of S.Diggs in the draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn’t mind a swing for the fences in the 5th on CB Eli Ricks or WR K.Boutte. Bad seasons have them both falling if they had years similar to their previous performances easy 1-2 round talents.

Injuries and coaching change cost K.Boutte makes me think of S.Diggs in the draft.

Eli Ricks doesnt have the kind of testing numbers to be a guy you normally swing on

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

We want diggs? Rakim Jarrett in the 5th it is!

Simba

Staff Member

Eli Ricks just isn't very good in all honesty.

Boutte has some potential but there are reportedly a lot more off-field concerns than the ones the public knows about.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If the Ravens really felt there wasn't much value in later rounds why not bundle em up to move up? What to draft players you're not even high on.. anyway my thought on this.

if the board's completely cleaned out of guys they like then it makes sense to just get a few different guys in
the time to package is when you can still get a guy you like

sounds like trenton simpson was the last guy on the board with a day 2 grade

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's a little redundant when we have Simpson and Hamilton, but JL Skinner is a really good box safety and Nickel prospect that fits our style of defense.