• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Zay Flowers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
nice breakdown from sip2tally.

He also can throw the ball......better than Proche.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually hate him lol. What a blessing they took him

My buddies (Charger fans) love the pick because he's a tall receiver that's fast. The tape I've watched on him only show him catching balls when he is wide open and he is using his body to do it. He does have a quick little spin he utilizes a ton to create some space when the ball is in his hands.

I did not see him working to get open using his route running skills. I could be wrong on this and would love for someone to tell me if my eyes are wrong or if I missed something

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My buddies (Charger fans) love the pick because he's a tall receiver that's fast. The tape I've watched on him only show him catching balls when he is wide open and he is using his body to do it. He does have a quick little spin he utilizes a ton to create some space when the ball is in his hands.

I did not see him working to get open using his route running skills. I could be wrong on this and would love for someone to tell me if my eyes are wrong or if I missed something
It's a Chargers pick though. He's their style. Big tall athletic guys. He's gonna bus tho imo

You’re seeing the same thing we all did. The general consensus here was exactly what you said. A lot didn’t want him in the first and I’m in agreement there. I was happy to see him go before us

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Elite YAC threat but he’s not a great WR right now

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How do ya'll feel about that receiver the Chargers took?
I was praying the Chargers went Addison or Johnston as I wanted Flowers.

I like Addison a lot, but Quentin Johnston is a mystery to me. He could be a monster if he played big and physical and caught with his hands. I think he should have been a 2nd round pick, but clearly has upside.