• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Trenton Simpson

rossihunter2

Staff Member

assuming many have already watched this but thought id post anyway
really interesting schematic talk from Harbs about versatility in the defence with regards to coverages etc. and how they re-organised the defence in 2018 (question starts from about 7:28)

also very much get the sense that Simpson is not a PQ replacement at all - that they view him as a versatile matchup weapon (at least early) who may at times have us have 3 LBs on the field at once

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

assuming many have already watched this but thought id post anyway
really interesting schematic talk from Harbs about versatility in the defence with regards to coverages etc. and how they re-organised the defence in 2018 (question starts from about 7:28)

also very much get the sense that Simpson is not a PQ replacement at all - that they view him as a versatile matchup weapon (at least early) who may at times have us have 3 LBs on the field at once

yep. probably the best question Mink has ever had

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Still can’t believe we got this dude as late as we did. I thought for sure he was a fringe 1/2 guy, and I can’t really see what pushed him down to late third.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
So I don't know why everyone is linking this pick to the PQ situation, if anything I think Trenton is a Malik Harrison replacement (or another try at whatever Harrison was supposed to be). If it were me he wouldn't touch any ILB spot year one, I'd put him on the edge and simplify his role as much as possible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I don't know why everyone is linking this pick to the PQ situation, if anything I think Trenton is a Malik Harrison replacement (or another try at whatever Harrison was supposed to be). If it were me he wouldn't touch any ILB spot year one, I'd put him on the edge and simplify his role as much as possible.
exactly and I could see him performing a Tyus Bowser type roll.