• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 New Orleans Saints vs. Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lets appreciate the cutback and the zone read lamar made, that wasn’t just running that was straight up savvy. He tucked that ball and saw a gap way over the backside and cut hard to get there
Lamar has been good to day IMO. He made a nice throw, albeit still short throw where he has good accuracy, and a nice run for a TD with good vision.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gutsy putting Lamar in with one play to get it.
I wouldn’t call lamar in the redzone gutsy, he needs to see most redzone series. When the field gets tight that’s when you want a guy who’s gonna make the defense question their first move

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn’t call lamar in the redzone gutsy, he needs to see most redzone series. When the field gets tight that’s when you want a guy who’s gonna make the defense question their first move

and joe was actually a threat on that play because he was lined up behind lamar on the play so he was a threat to be a secondary passer - defence couldnt afford not to cover him

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
the upcoming first drive in the second half is pivotal to the outcome of this game. We need to eat up some clock and put up 7. Then assuming the D does what its done all season, we can count on them to slow down Brees and the Saints.

Exactly, Lamar has that killer instinct as a runner in the red zone.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was screaming at the TV why is Lamar not here now till I saw he was and then like clockwork and my imagination he scored.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You would think if any 2 teams knew how to defend the Lamar packages it would be the Saints and the Ravens and yet the package worked against each team

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
You would think if any 2 teams knew how to defend the Lamar packages it would be the Saints and the Ravens and yet the package worked against each team
Because it’s not 100% defendable. Simple as that.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or it could be that both teams recognized they had issues with that and are trying to get a QB to do that to other teams than doing it to them for once. It is ironic, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.