• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Baltimore Ravens @ Carolina Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It would be ironic, but no more so than the offenses that Brian Billick presided over.

That's not bad reasoning, but it makes me think about Denis Pitta. He was born in 85 and drafted in '10. Of course he wasn't their first pick in that draft...
Taking a guy like that in the second, third round doesn't bother me, but in a make or break year, that should not ve your first round pick.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Glad I have red zone even though I don’t get the Ravens on local TV.

Taking a guy like that in the second, third round doesn't bother me, but in a make or break year, that should not ve your first round pick.
I think you're right. It was a position of definite need, but maybe it was a reach.

Actually, hindsight shows us that you were certainly right because he has what 15 receptions on the year? Not what you need when your back is against the wall.

Tight ends can be slow to develop, but between Hurst and Jackson, it looks like a "rebuilding" round of the draft atm.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I think you're right. It was a position of definite need, but maybe it was a reach.

Actually, hindsight shows us that you were certainly right because he has what 15 receptions on the year? Not what you need when your back is against the wall.

Tight ends can be slow to develop, but between Hurst and Jackson, it looks like a "rebuilding" round of the draft atm.
The problem in my mind is you're gonna rebuild, why not take the 19 year old athletic freak ILB? Why not the 21 year old receiver from your own backyard. Why not the safety you apparently raved over privately?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our biggest issues are

lack of an elite interior pass rusher

A rangy saftey

A dominant O line.

Status
Not open for further replies.