• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So good news y'all. I'm not even going to attempt to watch this game. I'll genuinely be surprised if the game is even close. I have decided I have more important things to do. Like
-solving this neighbor problem
-dealing with the police because someone just banged on my door at 2am and set off all the dogs.
-studying for this exam I have coming up

All I can say is. In b4 @JoeyFlex5 's meltdown, which will happen whether we win or lose.

Have a nice day y'all. I am going to be fucked today, and I'd rather be fucked by this exam than by the Ravens... So...

Also, congrats to @Ludy51 for winning virgin of the week for the second time in a row. Even if you win this week, those lyrics were so bad for that song that you might have won it. Congrats. You are now the Javele McGee of the fantasy league

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Season ends today folks.

The upsetting thing is that we had higher hopes since we’ve had since kubiak came, and it was dashed away by the midpoint. Another upsetting thing is you KNOW the ravens are gonna butter us up for the next 8 weeks and give us false hope only to let us down.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
This game has an eerie feeling to it. Ian Rapp has an article on nfl.com main page about Harbaugh being on the hot seat. Of course we all know that, organization knows that, just weird to see right before a big game.

I hope this isn’t disastrous and they can right the ship.

Reactions: cdp

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many Ravens fans want Harbaugh gone and are temporary Steelers fans? Just curious

I’m indifferent personally. I personally just want to beat PIT today regardless

ALI624

Pro Bowler
How many Ravens fans want Harbaugh gone and are temporary Steelers fans? Just curious

I admit I’m on the fence. On one hand it would be great to sweep the Steelers and on the other if we lose I think we have a better chance of being better in the future going in a different direction with a new head coach. Just think his message has gotten stale and his refusal to play younger, better players and his choices in coordinators has put us on a constant collision course with mediocrity.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

I want to win against the Steelers! it might be ugly but I'll take the win because as of now I don't see how we're going to win.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I wanna beat pit, I want us to get healthy after, and I want us to wake the fuck up and go on a tear and miraculously make the playoffs, the fact that we’re in this predicament is laughable, this team is so talented yet we’re almost theoretically out of the race already.

I want us to win, for some reason I still really like Harbaugh, he’s a class act and a genuinely great guy and is loved by his players, and I would hate to see him fired on a low note because he was loyal to his play callers. I will always be a Flacco fan, and I am disgusted with how this front office supplied him all these years and how it’s turned out.

However, if we lose today, which I’m sure we will, I’ll no longer be actively rooting for wins, unless the 6th seed falls apart and we suddenly have a chance to make it in at 9-7(which I think is best case scenario at this point). Once we show that we basically are not gonna have any chance this year(which I’m expecting us to show by the end of the cinci game) then I’ll be looking ahead to the future, hoping we don’t re-sign Mosley, hoping we can trade jimmy and joe and bwill, and gearing up for the draft, at that point I’ll be hoping that John takes a leap of faith to save his job and stars lamar, just to give us something to look forward to on Sunday, because I won’t look forward to seeing John and joe run out their clocks.

But to answer your question, hell no I’m not rooting for the Steelers lol.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

As much as I want us to win... As long as Marty is the OC we will never go anywhere. I firmly believe that. Forget this season... We don't need Marty ruining Lamar either, because that's what he'd do. It isn't 2008 anymore, the NFL has changed and the game has passed him by. With a competent OC we probably have a consistent offense. With a real OC we have a top 5 unit.

But because of that plus Ozzie Newsome's unwillingness to address the oline... Yeah. They've ruined this team

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I admit I’m on the fence. On one hand it would be great to sweep the Steelers and on the other if we lose I think we have a better chance of being better in the future going in a different direction with a new head coach. Just think his message has gotten stale and his refusal to play younger, better players and his choices in coordinators has put us on a constant collision course with mediocrity.
I don't see how one loss against the steelers ultimately determines Harbaughs future. This isn't baseball or basketball where the FO might want to tank the season. If we miss the playoffs it isn't because we lost against the steelers. It's because we constantly find ways to lose against teams we shouldn't among many other shortcomings.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I don't see how one loss against the steelers ultimately determines Harbaughs future. This isn't baseball or basketball where the FO might want to tank the season. If we miss the playoffs it isn't because we lost against the steelers. It's because we constantly find ways to lose against teams we shouldn't among many other shortcomings.
I don’t think this game is the deciding factor, but if we do lose being 1-3 in the division and 4-5 overall going into the bye and having to face the Bengals after that. And if we win and still miss the playoffs then I think it will make it harder to fire him having swept the Steelers, I still think he gets fired, but not as simple.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve always wondered who was to blame with not playing young guys. I have to agree it looks like Harbaugh because it’s never really changed. It may be one of his biggest problems because it could have played a major role in guys not developing until late and walking in contract years. Then again we have played young guys so it’s hard to fully agree there.

I want to win against the Steelers! it might be ugly but I'll take the win because as of now I don't see how we're going to win.
Yeah that’s how I feel. I think it’ll be ugly or a blowout in either direction. I’m saying a win by 2TD+ or a very close game decided by a FG.

I wanna beat pit, I want us to get healthy after, and I want us to wake the fuck up and go on a tear and miraculously make the playoffs, the fact that we’re in this predicament is laughable, this team is so talented yet we’re almost theoretically out of the race already.

I want us to win, for some reason I still really like Harbaugh, he’s a class act and a genuinely great guy and is loved by his players, and I would hate to see him fired on a low note because he was loyal to his play callers. I will always be a Flacco fan, and I am disgusted with how this front office supplied him all these years and how it’s turned out.

However, if we lose today, which I’m sure we will, I’ll no longer be actively rooting for wins, unless the 6th seed falls apart and we suddenly have a chance to make it in at 9-7(which I think is best case scenario at this point). Once we show that we basically are not gonna have any chance this year(which I’m expecting us to show by the end of the cinci game) then I’ll be looking ahead to the future, hoping we don’t re-sign Mosley, hoping we can trade jimmy and joe and bwill, and gearing up for the draft, at that point I’ll be hoping that John takes a leap of faith to save his job and stars lamar, just to give us something to look forward to on Sunday, because I won’t look forward to seeing John and joe run out their clocks.

But to answer your question, hell no I’m not rooting for the Steelers lol.
Even if we lose to the Steelers today we can still be a wildcard. I think today if we lose the Steelers will simply put us in the coffin after the grave we dug last week. If we lose to the Bengals then that’ll be the proverbial nail.

As much as I want us to win... As long as Marty is the OC we will never go anywhere. I firmly believe that. Forget this season... We don't need Marty ruining Lamar either, because that's what he'd do. It isn't 2008 anymore, the NFL has changed and the game has passed him by. With a competent OC we probably have a consistent offense. With a real OC we have a top 5 unit.

But because of that plus Ozzie Newsome's unwillingness to address the oline... Yeah. They've ruined this team
I think Marty is a problem I’m just not sure if he’s the only problem. I really think it’s a combo between Joe and Marty. We can make these excuses for #5 all day but he’s throwing the ball. Yeah he does better when you have him calling no huddle so you think he’s not the issue but this has been his entire career. Guy simply does enough to make you think he’s worth keeping. I apologize if this is too vulgar but he’s like a girlfriend or boyfriend who is only good for sex and good looks. That’ll only take you so far because one day you’ll be old.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don’t think this game is the deciding factor, but if we do lose being 1-3 in the division and 4-5 overall going into the bye and having to face the Bengals after that. And if we win and still miss the playoffs then I think it will make it harder to fire him having swept the Steelers, I still think he gets fired, but not as simple.
That’s how I see it as well. It’s a holistic view of the remaining tenure for Harbaugh. I’m not buying that one game decides his fate but combined with the prognosis of our inevitable standing in our division will be the deciding factor. It’s the fact that we would be 4-5 and 1-3 with no better divisional record than 3-3 which wouldn’t be good. I think these next two games are pivotal because if he can get us to 6-4 and 3-2 that significantly helps him and the team.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’ve always wondered who was to blame with not playing young guys. I have to agree it looks like Harbaugh because it’s never really changed. It may be one of his biggest problems because it could have played a major role in guys not developing until late and walking in contract years. Then again we have played young guys so it’s hard to fully agree there.

Yeah that’s how I feel. I think it’ll be ugly or a blowout in either direction. I’m saying a win by 2TD+ or a very close game decided by a FG.

Even if we lose to the Steelers today we can still be a wildcard. I think today if we lose the Steelers will simply put us in the coffin after the grave we dug last week. If we lose to the Bengals then that’ll be the proverbial nail.

I think Marty is a problem I’m just not sure if he’s the only problem. I really think it’s a combo between Joe and Marty. We can make these excuses for #5 all day but he’s throwing the ball. Yeah he does better when you have him calling no huddle so you think he’s not the issue but this has been his entire career. Guy simply does enough to make you think he’s worth keeping. I apologize if this is too vulgar but he’s like a girlfriend or boyfriend who is only good for sex and good looks. That’ll only take you so far because one day you’ll be old.
Flacco certainly plays a role but we've seen what Joe can do with a real offensive coordinator. I wish Kubiak had the sheer surplus of weapons we do now. The fact that we have this many weapons to work with and that the team is struggling as much as it is shows me what's really up. Flacco isn't blameless and has had some terrible games too but the girlfriend who is only good in bed and good looks has also shown you he can win a ring with the right kind of talent around him... And the right coaching staff. Flacco hasn't been the overall problem, and I get why everyone is sick of him, but whether we keep him or not really depends on Lamar's development imo. If he is ready next season, then yes you trade him and see what you have. Otherwise, the rest of the team should honestly stay the same. The defense is still really good, WInk is a good DC. You need to find a safety for the future and another pass rusher but anyone who thinks they're screwed really doesn't know what they're talking about.

We need to get this oline fixed, if not for Joe then do it for Lamar. I still think Harbaugh is the one who vouched for this crappy oline by claiming that we were content with Skura, Hurst, and Lewis, and because of that we gave Hurst a bad contract and did nothing to replace Jensen.

He should've been gone last season and I genuinely think Biscotti made a mistake by keeping him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens inactives: LT Ronnie Stanley (ankle), RT James Hurst (back), OLB-Tim Williams (ankle), WR Jordan Lasley (hamstring), QB Robert Griffin III, TE Maxx Williams, RB Ty Montgomery.

surprised about maxx given both our starting tackles are missing
We seem to love using Boyle as our blocking TE so I’m not too surprised. Watch for a lot of Boyle on Dupree or Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.