• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
@rossihunter2. Have to say I was disappointed with Fashanu's tape. I'm concerned with Fashanu's strength profile as he really struggled with power in college and that's only going to get worse in the NFL. There is no guarantee that his frame will Sure his movement ability, footwork, his ability to mirror and match defenders and ability to recognize stunts may be the best in the class, but again I go back to his strength profile and can't have him this high in my rankings. Watch his games against power guys and you will see him struggle, ie Ohio State.
That + his hands were the smallest ever measured at the combine and I have serious questions about his grip strength.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So apart from Bucky Irving (I'm biased with this one lol), I got Amarius Mims, Kingsley Suamataia and Troy Fautanu on my #SIIE list. I don't even know if I'm gonna add more tbh. Honestly, do y'all see Fautanu falling to 30?

@JAAM , I don't even know who's on your list but I am curious.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So apart from Bucky Irving (I'm biased with this one lol), I got Amarius Mims, Kingsley Suamataia and Troy Fautanu on my #SIIE list. I don't even know if I'm gonna add more tbh. Honestly, do y'all see Fautanu falling to 30?

i dont see mims or fautanu getting close to 30 but would definitely be #SIIE candidates if it could be done lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't even feel strongly about these #SIIEs this year. As long as we address our needs, I'll be happy either way.

Troy Fautanu definitely SIIE worthy..

We need your strength to make it a reality.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i dont see mims or fautanu getting close to 30 but would definitely be #SIIE candidates if it could be done lol
It feels that way, but hamilton had no goddamn business falling to 14, flowers to whatever pick he was at, etc.

Fautanu unlikely but just maybe

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Honestly, Brother- I haven’t been paying attention as I’ve been butt-hurt since the season ended. Didn’t even watch the Super Bowl. I was going to enter the draft with zero expectations, but I have developed some man-crushes (no Diddy). I’ll gather my list of my top ~5 and get it to you before the draft so we can see if we have similar #SIIE interests. We got this

And that's what I'm saying. Does he even reach the 20s? Seems like almost every recent mock draft says no.

Fautanu is not falling to 30. He is one of the 3 best pure LTs at the top of this class and in my opinion, at least the 2nd best pure LT in this draft. This tackle class is highly touted as being deep but at least 3-4 of the top prospect have mainly been RTs and are projections to the other side or staying on the right. Another top prospect is likely not playing tackle and will possibly switch to Center.

If we are drafting tackle in R1, it’ll likely be a guy who was mainly a RT or not one of the consensus top 7-8 guys.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And that's what I'm saying. Does he even reach the 20s? Seems like almost every recent mock draft says no.
I’d say it’s borderline impossible, he’s too good and while there are guys that might look like they have more OT upside in that range they’re also gonna have a lot more bust potential, fautanu is just too safe a pick.

For us to land fautanu, I’d imagine 2 of 3 out of Jordan morgan, Tyler guyton, and Kingsley saumataia have to go before him. I don’t see a world where that happens.

I worry he gets drafted by pit

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Fautanu is not falling to 30. He is one of the 3 best pure LTs at the top of this class and in my opinion, at least the 2nd best pure LT in this draft. This tackle class is highly touted as being deep but at least 3-4 of the top prospect have mainly been RTs and are projections to the other side or staying on the right. Another top prospect is likely not playing tackle and will possibly switch to Center.

If we are drafting tackle in R1, it’ll likely be a guy who was mainly a RT or not one of the consensus top 7-8 guys.

I’d say it’s borderline impossible, he’s too good and while there are guys that might look like they have more OT upside in that range they’re also gonna have a lot more bust potential, fautanu is just too safe a pick.

For us to land fautanu, I’d imagine 2 of 3 out of Jordan morgan, Tyler guyton, and Kingsley saumataia have to go before him. I don’t see a world where that happens.

I worry he gets drafted by pit
In terms of RTs, which of these 3 gentlemen is the best fit for us? Or is the gap between their skillsets not as big?

In terms of RTs, which of these 3 gentlemen is the best fit for us? Or is the gap between their skillsets not as big?

My dream pick would be Latham from Bama but I don’t see him being there.

As for realistic picks to stick and pick at 30, probably Guyton. For me, Morgan and Saumataia are trade back options in Round 2. I honestly like the idea of trading back and picking Morgan and having him play LG or RT his rookie year and then shifting over to LT next season.

I also wouldn’t mind Amegadjie if he’s there at 62. Small school guy with the size and some traits but needs work.

i think cooper dejean's gonna be high up my wishlist of potentially "reasonable" guys who could maybe fall to us

I’ve had this feeling as well. He does seem a little tight in the hips tho to play outside corner. What are your thoughts there? Where do you see his best position?

I do like the idea of adding more flexibility to the defense. Being able to use him and Hamilton interchangeably to further create confusion.

Edit: I guarantee we have a high grade in him. Dude is a baller, even on special teams as a returner and an ace.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think cooper dejean's gonna be high up my wishlist of potentially "reasonable" guys who could maybe fall to us
agree, but I'm also seeing JPJ has a very good possibility of falling into our laps and yes his best position may be center, but he'd be a very good guard also.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ve had this feeling as well. He does seem a little tight in the hips tho to play outside corner. What are your thoughts there? Where do you see his best position?

I do like the idea of adding more flexibility to the defense. Being able to use him and Hamilton interchangeably to further create confusion.

Edit: I guarantee we have a high grade in him. Dude is a baller, even on special teams as a returner and an ace.

DB
can play outside, in the nickel, and at safety
he's got a little stiffness in his hips sometimes and not as effective with the play behind him (hence why some project him to safety and/or nickel)

but im not worried about his position as much as im excited by what he would offer us on the backend alongside hamilton, marlon and stephens (with williams on the backend)