• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Week of CFB is upon us. Football is back!

And with that, I’m stamping my name on Michigan RB, Blake Corum.

JK’s final season. Michigan.

It makes too much sense.

Simba

Staff Member
I know it's the hot team/name right now, but damn was Shedeur Sanders the highlight this week so far. I liked what I saw from JSU and it looks like it's translated well in week 1. Obviously still has some things to work on, but his poise and confidence in that game was seriously impressive. You can teach the other stuff.

Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are probably rightfully QB1 and QB2, but Sanders can put himself in the conversation if he keeps that up.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it's the hot team/name right now, but damn was Shedeur Sanders the highlight this week so far. I liked what I saw from JSU and it looks like it's translated well in week 1. Obviously still has some things to work on, but his poise and confidence in that game was seriously impressive. You can teach the other stuff.

Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are probably rightfully QB1 and QB2, but Sanders can put himself in the conversation if he keeps that up.

Shedeur looked poised and his long ball is a thing of beauty! I’m gonna be curious if he declares next year or stay with his pops for another year. Smart move is to declare and get you earlier to that 2nd NFL contract, but you never know.

Michael Penix out of Washington is another QB that might go top 10.

2024 shaping out to be a strong QB class for sure

Simba

Staff Member
Shedeur looked poised and his long ball is a thing of beauty! I’m gonna be curious if he declares next year or stay with his pops for another year. Smart move is to declare and get you earlier to that 2nd NFL contract, but you never know.

Michael Penix out of Washington is another QB that might go top 10.

2024 shaping out to be a strong QB class for sure
Will definitely be interesting to see what he does. Likely has some huge NIL money coming his way too.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably won't be drafting high enough for him, but I'd love to get Kool-Aid McKinstry. First off, just for that name, but also a super athletic, physical Alabama corner.

Aside from him, I'd be happy to grab Jer'Zhan Newton as a penetrating tackle. Could go a long way in improving our passrush. Also just another disrupting force in general.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
September 30
USC at Colorado.
Williams vs Sanders

That'll be a good one.

I think Sanders should declare, but like others have said, I could see him play a senior year for his dad. There's a chance he could be a 1st overall pick in 2025.

Really good QB class though. Williams, Maye, Ewers, Sanders. Seen some Bo Nix love out there. I'm not a huge fan of that, early in the draft.

Simba

Staff Member
September 30
USC at Colorado.
Williams vs Sanders

That'll be a good one.

I think Sanders should declare, but like others have said, I could see him play a senior year for his dad. There's a chance he could be a 1st overall pick in 2025.

Really good QB class though. Williams, Maye, Ewers, Sanders. Seen some Bo Nix love out there. I'm not a huge fan of that, early in the draft.
Definitely a good QB class depending on who actually declares. Even some fun mid round guys who might be in that 1st round mix if it was a normal class that wasn’t so deep at the top. Teams have an opportunity to get a solid option without having to reach.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely a good QB class depending on who actually declares. Even some fun mid round guys who might be in that 1st round mix if it was a normal class that wasn’t so deep at the top. Teams have an opportunity to get a solid option without having to reach.
I love it when there are a lot of good QBs in a draft class and no one in the AFC North is going to draft one AND it allows good players to fall further than they should. Could make the Forum Mock a lot of fun also

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hopefully Keaton pans out.

We def taking another one that year lmao

i thought we should have taken a RB 2 drafts ago for sure with everyone coming back from injury and we took tyler badie who many of us didnt like and he didnt even make the 53 - and a lot of the guys we liked in that draft where we had a million picks have panned out (all guys taken after the 90th pick):

rachaad white
brian johnson
dameon pierce
tyler allegier
jerome ford
kyren williams
isiah pacheco

and obviously this year we had trenton simpson in the 3rd... most of the good looking backs were gone by the time we picked him so not many options to fix that in the 2023 draft

definitely should be looking to draft at least 1 back in 2024, whatever the outcome of the season

positions id be looking at fairly early in the next draft for sure:
CB, EDGE, RB, DL (luckily DL, EDGE and RB are 3 of the 4 funnest positions to scout - WR being the other)

depth-wise:
S (just need more bodies next year), IOL (completely dependent on how we feel about Sala in year 2, vorhees in year 1, cleveland in year 4 and what we do about depth at C)

Charm City

Pro Bowler
CB, RB, OT, CB. And that's if Keaton pans out.
I’d argue OG is a bigger need than OT. This might be Zietlers last year and besides him we have absolutely no one worth mentioning. At tackle at least we have Stanley and faalele who seems to he coming along, albeit slowly

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I’d argue OG is a bigger need than OT. This might be Zietlers last year and besides him we have absolutely no one worth mentioning. At tackle at least we have Stanley and faalele who seems to he coming along, albeit slowly
I would count Stanley out. He's injured more than he plays. That's why I think they need a replacement, he's just too unreliable. If Faaele was the answer, he should be playing now instead of Mekari

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I would count Stanley out. He's injured more than he plays. That's why I think they need a replacement, he's just too unreliable. If Faaele was the answer, he should be playing now instead of Mekari
Sure I agree that he needs a replacement but I don't think that occurs for a year or two since whoever we draft will need time to be ready. There is literally no one at guard though after this year unless you count Sala since Cleveland may as well not exist.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sure I agree that he needs a replacement but I don't think that occurs for a year or two since whoever we draft will need time to be ready. There is literally no one at guard though after this year unless you count Sala since Cleveland may as well not exist.

dont forget vorhees who we invested in for 2024 - he could be nothing but they invested in him as if he could be basically an extra 2024 pick but for lower capital than his play said he was worth - we'll see how he recovers and how he translates for sure - definitely fits that powers-esque mould of IOL prospect:
- not the most gifted athlete but a battler in pass pro
- independent and powerful hands with good hand placement - powers was more aggressive, vorhees is a more natural pass protector with his feet
- great play-strength
- not great in college working in space to the 2nd level (this is where powers truly progressed majorly in the pros)

Charm City

Pro Bowler
dont forget vorhees who we invested in for 2024 - he could be nothing but they invested in him as if he could be basically an extra 2024 pick but for lower capital than his play said he was worth - we'll see how he recovers and how he translates for sure - definitely fits that powers-esque mould of IOL prospect:
- not the most gifted athlete but a battler in pass pro
- independent and powerful hands with good hand placement - powers was more aggressive, vorhees is a more natural pass protector with his feet
- great play-strength
- not great in college working in space to the 2nd level (this is where powers truly progressed majorly in the pros)
Tbh I forgot about Vorhees and I think he’ll be at least an average starter but he’s still obviously unproven and coming off a major injury