• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Passing Game and Closing it Out @ the Bengals

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
No matter how bad Burrow plays this year he’ll get the injury excuse. Rams better burry them, I’m also hoping that tensions heat up with Chase, Boyd and Higgins. Honestly maybe Higgins is the more complete WR. There’s a strong chance Burrow may not even play this MNF so hopefully either way they drop to 0-3. Realistically with the injuries the Jets and Browns sustained I’m not sure they can make the playoffs, their QBs are awful.

Too early to tell on any of these fronts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My one main issue with Zay is that on that deep pass, he reverted back to being a "college" player. After he caught it, it got up and flexed as if the clock stopped (as in college ball). Now that pissed me off! :brickwall: He could have scored a TD had he realized he was playing "PRO BALL!"
btw, here is a picture of Zay Flowers with the ball in his hand and Cam Taylor-Britt touching his helmit. Flowers is currently in the air and CTB has his hand on his helmet. This doesn't change the fact that he should have got right back up and started running to the end zone, so I agree with you on that.

IMG_4957.jpg

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
My one main issue with Zay is that on that deep pass, he reverted back to being a "college" player. After he caught it, it got up and flexed as if the clock stopped (as in college ball). Now that pissed me off! :brickwall: He could have scored a TD had he realized he was playing "PRO BALL!"
He was down. but then everyone around him kept playing so his instinct to get to the end zone kicked in and he tried to get there!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Perriman tips it up and it’s a pick
I still remember the end of the game in Washington, in 2016, when Perriman caught the ball in the corner of the end zone but didn't get both feet in bounds. The game was agains the Washington Redskins and I was at the game. I was so friggin pissed.

This was the same game that CJ Mosely picked off Kirk Cousins and as he was returning the pick he fumbled the ball through the endzone and got injured to boot. We lost the game and then lost the next two games vs the Jets and Giants. Ouch....

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was touched on his way down

He was literally thrown down by his head lol

He was already touched down but I think the ref let the whistle go just to play it out, either way that play wasn’t gonna result in a td, there was clear contact

no, they called him down and blew the whistle, after he got up and started to try and score.

He should've continued to score at that point anyways.

btw, here is a picture of Zay Flowers with the ball in his hand and Cam Taylor-Britt touching his helmit. Flowers is currently in the air and CTB has his hand on his helmet. This doesn't change the fact that he should have got right back up and started running to the end zone, so I agree with you on that.

View attachment 5539

He was down. but then everyone around him kept playing so his instinct to get to the end zone kicked in and he tried to get there!
Thanks, everyone!