• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Passing Game and Closing it Out @ the Bengals

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar still isn’t aiming to run. First half he didn’t NEED to do it and plays were getting open downfield, he was tryna put the game away in the fourth which is where the switch flipped and he’s taking first downs with his feet what seemed like every 2-3 plays.
Lamar played great but there are times it feels like he might be forcing himself to stay in the pocket. Which he was also great from the pocket yesterday, but sometimes grabbing 4-5 yards on a scramble is so crucial to staying on schedule for a drive. Im just chalking it up to the spy or formation Cinci was playing. I’m not a film guy , I’ll leave that to Rossi

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since you wouldn’t have seen it on TV, the Bengals replayed the Tyler Huntley play midway through the 1st half and made a trivia question on predicting what happened next. Lol
Fuck those hoes

Tank

Hall of Famer
Couldn’t see a lot of the details in the second half(at the ocean and we were on the beach watching/listening on a phone) but LJ improved and really found a rhythm. Take the check down/get rid of the ball instead of the sack, improve ball security…… If he can put all that in a can and pull it out when he has to we should go far. Just got to find some consistency.
lol..... not the 65"
20230917_154910.jpg

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My one main issue with Zay is that on that deep pass, he reverted back to being a "college" player. After he caught it, it got up and flexed as if the clock stopped (as in college ball). Now that pissed me off! :brickwall: He could have scored a TD had he realized he was playing "PRO BALL!"

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My one main issue with Zay is that on that deep pass, he reverted back to being a "college" player. After he caught it, it got up and flexed as if the clock stopped (as in college ball). Now that pissed me off! :brickwall: He could have scored a TD had he realized he was playing "PRO BALL!"
he was down. That being said, I agree with you.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He was literally thrown down by his head lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He was already touched down but I think the ref let the whistle go just to play it out, either way that play wasn’t gonna result in a td, there was clear contact

Simba

Staff Member
Catching some all-22 clips and I'm not sure we've ever seen Lamar this composed and in command of the offense. While it's never been a weakness, I don't think I recall seeing him at this level before. Didn't force anything when he had the time, and when he didn't, he made the decision to run and owned it. Stat sheet may not be amazing, but the tape is. Only glaring mistake was the fumble that was fortunately irrelevant with the penalty. If he could develop just a little more downfield consistency to go with his awareness, good lord.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
man watching the all-22 and lamar played really well but there were a couple of big downfield plays that he turned down - and obviously those 2 deep misses hurt

he hit zay on a much more difficult post later but had him on a post earlier in the game and obviously slightly overthrew the slot fade

watching the all-22 and i think zay's a fucking superstar already

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Catching some all-22 clips and I'm not sure we've ever seen Lamar this composed and in command of the offense. While it's never been a weakness, I don't think I recall seeing him at this level before. Didn't force anything when he had the time, and when he didn't, he made the decision to run and owned it. Stat sheet may not be amazing, but the tape is. Only glaring mistake was the fumble that was fortunately irrelevant with the penalty. If he could develop just a little more downfield consistency to go with his awareness, good lord.

loved seeing him take the checkdown or happily take the higher percentage play
ultimately looks like he turned down some deep shots that he might have taken - but turned them down for other good options

not flawless by any means - but so in command

he'll probably watch the tape and see missed opportunities - but i like that they're missed opportunities that we dont regret because he found other options and kept the offence moving anyway - they werent drive killing misses or the be-all-end-all of the offence or the drive, they were just opportunities to hit home runs