• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Passing Game and Closing it Out @ the Bengals

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
One more thing to say about this game and I'm sure somebody pointed this out before. I really liked the fact that Lamar was decisive when he decided to turn on the jets and scramble for some yards. A complete 180 from when we got blown out by the Bengals at home in 2021 when Lamar made it clear that he was gonna stay in the pocket.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

We didn't see Oweh because he basically wasn't out there. Hope he's OK....

Stephens playing 100% of the snaps

They need to stop pretending this dude is a safety lol

I’m really happy with how this DB group has turned out so far with Marlon out of the fold

And really cool that it’s the young guys stepping up - stephens and Washington (if only he could just grow a little lol)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One more thing to say about this game and I'm sure somebody pointed this out before. I really liked the fact that Lamar was decisive when he decided to turn on the jets and scramble for some yards. A complete 180 from when we got blown out by the Bengals at home in 2021 when Lamar made it clear that he was gonna stay in the pocket.

Made consistently good decisions
When the bengals DL split he just took what they opened up in front of jum

If he keeps doing that and punishing teams through the air then he is indefensible

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
this and the hands to the face that saved lamar from another fumble were both bullshit

but the bengals also got away with a block in the back on the punt return, and two bullshit holds in the 2 minute drill when we were driving at the end of the first half

refs were shocking - but it mostly evened out
Definitely went both ways, i just got a kick out of OBJ pulling him to the ground. Savvy vet move, but also hilarious the refs fell for it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he was a little timid in the first half. Felt like opportunities were there 2-3 seconds after the snap on a few occasions. Of course there may have been a spy that we couldn’t see off camera , but seemed like there were a few moments missed.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

I’m really happy with how this DB group has turned out so far with Marlon out of the fold

And really cool that it’s the young guys stepping up - stephens and Washington (if only he could just grow a little lol)
He's definitely not a safety lolol. With Stephens, Rock, and Darby all being totally serviceable I really think this might be a Marlon plays a lot of slot year. Alongside Hamilton especially when MW comes back.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Definitely went both ways, i just got a kick out of OBJ pulling him to the ground. Savvy vet move, but also hilarious the refs fell for it.
My mom calls Odell an actor lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Stephens is a corner and it should be settled by now. I was annoyed to hear they moved him to S, I was sold on him at cb 2 years ago, he’s got cb hips, when you find nfl caliber cb hips and he checks the other athletic boxes, you put him at cb, don’t waste the most crucial and maybe hardest to find trait in the most crucial of defensive positions, especially when you have a shortage there already.

Not only that, but the 2 things he’s most lacking in, zone awareness and ball awareness, are magnified for safeties in a zone heavy scheme, more than corners.

Feels like they’re dicking around with him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think he was a little timid in the first half. Felt like opportunities were there 2-3 seconds after the snap on a few occasions. Of course there may have been a spy that we couldn’t see off camera , but seemed like there were a few moments missed.
Lamar still isn’t aiming to run. First half he didn’t NEED to do it and plays were getting open downfield, he was tryna put the game away in the fourth which is where the switch flipped and he’s taking first downs with his feet what seemed like every 2-3 plays.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since you wouldn’t have seen it on TV, the Bengals replayed the Tyler Huntley play midway through the 1st half and made a trivia question on predicting what happened next. Lol