• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Passing Game and Closing it Out @ the Bengals

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Offense looked smoother than in week 1. Stupid ass penalties and S/T prohibited us from prolly scoring 30+ but whatever. Run game looked surprisingly pleasant.

Zay Flowers continues his campaign for OROY. Brother @JAAM , we shall continue to #SIIE this!

To @rossihunter2 's point, Mac seems to find a way to really limit the Bengals offense. What's crazy is that we did this without much of a pass-rush. Now to their credit, they made it a point to get the ball out of Burrow's hands as quick as possible. They were some nice open-field tackling too to prevent potential first downs.

Geno Stone needs to answer for his decision to not cut right and go for a pick-6. Didn't matter since we scored the following possession.

This win was a CHARACTER win. These dudes went on the road in one of our toughest road games without our 2 best members of our secondary and 2 of our best offensive linemen and got the W. Also shout out to our OL for playing better than expected minus the penalties.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of good stuff out of his game. Lamar was spreading it out. The run blocking did pretty damn good. Ya-Sin showed he is solid at corner. Run defense was tough. Clowney played a hell of a game and Queen and Ro looked good. The only bads I really noticed was Lamar running too much and Washington had a bad day in the secondary. The positives damn sure outweigh the negatives.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stop signing free agents that are injury prone : OBJ . Would have rather had Hopkins.

Harbs says he’s “ not concerned “ so now I’m really concerned.

4-6 weeks for high ankle sprain right?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Sleeper just changed Lamar’a status from healthy to questionable, did Lamar get an injury in the game?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really happy to see Lamar rebound as most of us predicted. I don’t not like WRs dropping beautifully thrown balls.

Simba

Staff Member
A good game overall. Really not that many negatives which is good. Only things that raised some eyebrows were how gassed the D was late and how often Ar’Darius’s size is a detriment.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Missed most of the second half but from what I did see, Hill and Edwards ran hard today! I am so glad to see them stepping up!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also fuck that CBS crew , clearly pro Cincinnati

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
A good game overall. Really not that many negatives which is good. Only things that raised some eyebrows were how gassed the D was late and how often Ar’Darius’s size is a detriment.
I was saying same thing about adarius lol. Soon as i saq him lined up on higgins on that goaline i already knew what was gonna happen. Might not be a good idea to have him in man cvg in the slot anymore.

Simba

Staff Member
I was saying same thing about adarius lol. Soon as i saq him lined up on higgins on that goaline i already knew what was gonna happen. Might not be a good idea to have him in man cvg in the slot anymore.
Dude is a fighter and I always appreciate the effort, but he gets bodied up so easily.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Ardarius is a great little player but he is very little. To be fair to him Tee Higgins lining up in the slot is probably his worst possible match up.

There might be a case for Washington and Hamilton swapping roles when they line up some giant in the slot.