• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar Jackson, the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Walt Coleman

PedroRhormes

Practice Squad
1. Those refs are a joke

2. Gus is way better than Collins. Such an aggressive runner, fresh legs. Since we're renovating, why not him too?

3. Rather have Lamar Jackson throwing for 150-200 yds and our offense running for 250 yds everygame than see Flacco choking, even throwing for 300 yds.

4. Lamar have a good game. Not a great one, but solid. A few passing accuracy mistakes, bad decision on the interception, but that's a rookie mistake. Overall, good vision, good awareness, protecting himself and the ball while running.

Very happy with his performance today.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good: Humphrey game winning pass break up.
Edwards proved me wrong. Lamar was electric to watch, turned multiple sacks into gains.
Tucker nailing his kicks
Pierce is a force.
Mark Andrews, Chris Moore and Snead making clutch catches.

bad: refs

ugly: martys play calling.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That’s our future. That was encouraging as hell.

His passing was WAY better than I expected, as was his running, best part of it is that it wasn’t just lamar running but he sparked a full run game.

He didn’t light up the stat sheet with his arm, but he was so damn efficient it was crazy, it’s like he takes what the defense gives him until he needs more, then he uses his legs to buy time and get more.

He’s not taking throws that aren’t gonna work in the teams favor(for the most part)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good: Running game was great. I cant tell how much of that was the Bengals defense which has basically fallen off a cliff since about week 5 but the running game looked good. Defense looked great, though again with caveat of Bengals did not have Green. Justin Tucker casually chipshotting 56 yard FGs.

Bad: That INT was a rookie move. Looks like he stopped looking downfield then tried to make a throw so he never saw defender. The lack of a passing game could be a problem against a real defense, but that will likely be solved after the Oakland game. There has to be some way to balance the run game that Lamar gives with the pass game Flacco gives because both are probably needed to win games. Maybe giving Lamar more series against teams weak against the run and Flacco series against teams weak against pass?

Ugly: Bengals still dirtiest team in NFL.

Lamar made some nice plays, really excited about what he can do with more consistent o-line play. Marty also fucking killed us at times this game. Defense was solid.

Also for Walt Coleman: Retire Bitch

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The good - we beat them damn dirty Bengals
The bad - the stinking refs
The ugly - Jags giving up two TDS in last 2:28 to ruin the most awesome day ever

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
One more good. Chris Moore. Why does Crabtree get snaps when a much better player is currently on the roster?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good: Running game was great. I cant tell how much of that was the Bengals defense which has basically fallen off a cliff since about week 5 but the running game looked good. Defense looked great, though again with caveat of Bengals did not have Green. Justin Tucker casually chipshotting 56 yard FGs.

Bad: That INT was a rookie move. Looks like he stopped looking downfield then tried to make a throw so he never saw defender. The lack of a passing game could be a problem against a real defense, but that will likely be solved after the Oakland game. There has to be some way to balance the run game that Lamar gives with the pass game Flacco gives because both are probably needed to win games. Maybe giving Lamar more series against teams weak against the run and Flacco series against teams weak against pass?

We do not need Flacco to win. The pass game that Flacco gives? You’re joking right? Have you seen how poorly he’s played?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We do not need Flacco to win. The pass game that Flacco gives? You’re joking right? Have you seen how poorly he’s played?

You arent beating a real defense with that kind of offensive showing. When WRs are basically irrelevant and you can basically sit on run that won't work against real teams. That was the 30th ranked NFL defense and they started much stronger so basically they have been the worst defense in the NFL for the past monthish. I don't wanna take away from a good win, but that won't work against most teams.

Fortunately next up is Oakland and they are a free win so still one more week before the real games start up.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This offseason just focus on two things

interior O line
Pass rush

work with everything else.

Yes there is a way to balance the run game and pass game ... that is by giving him all the reps with the 1s all week and open up the play book a little and the pass game will come along slowly. Play action will be deadly with the threat of the run (which is NONEXISTENT with Flacco).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This offseason just focus on two things

interior O line
Pass rush

work with everything else.
Also safety, I’m done with weddle, safeties are hard to find man and I’m worried as hell about moving on from weddle who’s clearly lost a step