• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Hamilton, The Injuries and The Self-Inflicted Wounds

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If JK and Gus had stayed healthy, then you’d be complaining that we wasted capital on a RB3. Again, can’t plan for everything. This is a pure hindsight argument right now.
It’s not, guys (specifically RBs) don’t recover from gruesome knee injuries like that and regain form. The numbers don’t support it unless you’re a physical freak like Adrian Peterson. The chance for reinjury also skyrockets, whether it’s the initial site or another part of the body that is compensating.
It’s just really poor planing and wishful thinking on the part of the front office.

Simba

Staff Member
It’s not, guys (specifically RBs) don’t recover from gruesome knee injuries like that and regain form. The numbers don’t support it unless you’re a physical freak like Adrian Peterson. The chance for reinjury also skyrockets, whether it’s the initial site or another part of the body that is compensating.
It’s just really poor planing and wishful thinking on the part of the front office.
Dobbins popped an Achilles after being tackled weird with his foot being planted and Edwards has a concussion. Has nothing to do with their knees.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit i cant believe lamar took that sack and didnt try to throw ball away earlier..
All the what ifs are blurring together for me in this game seeing as we had four chances to win. I even texted my friend who was talking shit 3-0 at one point. What a joke of a loss. Disgusting, and the Browns will have the clear advantage. WRs need to step up, OBJ needs to play, Bateman needs to do something. Flowers needs to find the endzone

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
They didn't seem to trust the backs after the Drake fumble and Gus going down.

@BoredMarine13 I can't fault DeCosta for the RB situation. We picked up Mitchell with 3 healthy RBs at the time. That's 4 guys and if you're just drafting because you're scared of injuries you never going to have enough roster space for your team. I don't think people understand the amount of bad luck it takes to be in this position. It's week 3 and might need to look to bring in a rb 7. I don't share the same 1 injury makes a player injury prone sentiment some fans seem to.

Marcus Williams had missed a total of 7 games before coming here. Bateman was notoriously healthy in college. JK was fine. Gus had been fine with us prior. Marlon barely missed games until the pec. Oweh was playing what seemed like every snap. It just doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't trust the backs either. Neither of the remaining guys have had enough time to learn what we do and how.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
What change would you make? Harbs is one of the lone centering forces we have , so keeping him is a must. This really all comes down to player execution and getting the right people on the field. IMO EDC needs to be let go in the off-season. He’s had some nice finds but his misses have been brutal, especially in the later rounds.

One Likely catch away from none of this being an issue. lol

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man we're spoiled. right? Like when did a 61 yarder become a gimme. lol
That said, I fully believe Justin makes that kick on a dry field.

We can play the blame game with a lot of things that happened yesterday, but Tucker should be off-limits. The dude missed a 61 yarder....99% of the kickers in the league would not even be allowed to attempt that kick and Tucker barely missed it in poor weather conditions. Definitely agree with you that Tucker probably makes that kick in ideal conditions.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
We can play the blame game with a lot of things that happened yesterday, but Tucker should be off-limits. The dude missed a 61 yarder....99% of the kickers in the league would not even be allowed to attempt that kick and Tucker barely missed it in poor weather conditions. Definitely agree with you that Tucker probably makes that kick in ideal conditions.
I definitely wasn’t being serious but it’s annoying he came up short still