• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Cleveland

Tank

Hall of Famer
The new offense just needs a breakout game against the Browns
They are definitely due to breakout. And there’s a history there, they usually have a breakout game after a stinker. Hopefully that holds true and they breakout.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In 2019, we lost in week 3 and week 4 to drop to 2-2. Who was our week 4 opponent in 2019? The Browns. Then EDC made a trade and we never lost again in the regular season. Lamar MVP run starts week 5.
it wasn't a trade. We picked up two ilbs and nearing the trade deadline made a trade for Peters. That being said, I see. your point. Week 5 and never looked back.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
In 2019, we lost in week 3 and week 4 to drop to 2-2. Who was our week 4 opponent in 2019? The Browns. Then EDC made a trade and we never lost again in the regular season. Lamar MVP run starts week 5.
Thankfully those inside linebackers were legit elite replacements for cj Mosley and held down our dominate run stopping while we cruised to the superbowl!

All kidding but I’m not too stressed, we needed a bad game so this team could fix some real issues and not squeak by.

We played like we were missing 5(100+?) or whatever Allstars, cuz we were. It’s okay, no undefeated team ever wins a chip. Learn from it and beat the division

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thankfully those inside linebackers were legit elite replacements for cj Mosley and held down our dominate run stopping while we cruised to the superbowl!

All kidding but I’m not too stressed, we needed a bad game so this team could fix some real issues and not squeak by.

We played like we were missing 5(100+?) or whatever Allstars, cuz we were. It’s okay, no undefeated team ever wins a chip. Learn from it and beat the division

We have to find a way to win, but if these guys continue to drop like flies then I am not sure just how we can address some issues.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would be nice to see Bateman have a solid day, we ain’t winning with the RBs of Gus and Hill don’t play, WRs and Andrews and Likely need to step it up. Last week was awful from them

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I keep harping on this but it's so sad what has become of our run game over the years.

Make no mistake about this, Lamar has been a great eraser of this but the idea that he must carry the run game AND the passing game is nuts.

No other QB is asked to do this. Keep that in mind when people say he "can't carry a team"

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I keep harping on this but it's so sad what has become of our run game over the years.

Make no mistake about this, Lamar has been a great eraser of this but the idea that he must carry the run game AND the passing game is nuts.

No other QB is asked to do this. Keep that in mind when people say he "can't carry a team"
Absolutely, Dobbins can’t stay healthy and he’s killed this offense’s potential because of it. And for some reason Gus just can’t dominate the starting role

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Absolutely, Dobbins can’t stay healthy and he’s killed this offense’s potential because of it. And for some reason Gus just can’t dominate the starting role

I can't recall either of those two guys playing any long stretch of games to really get going. Mostly Gus because Dobbins tends to return and look good regardless of him being at 100%

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't recall either of those two guys playing any long stretch of games to really get going. Mostly Gus because Dobbins tends to return and look good regardless of him being at 100%
Yea, it’s true. I don’t like nor think Joe Mixon is all that but I can’t recall him ever missing games

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea, it’s true. I don’t like nor think Joe Mixon is all that but I can’t recall him ever missing games

but he's available. I would take him over all of our guys. At least he would learn the offense and understand everything we do. He's good and his availability makes him great

Simba

Staff Member
Injury concerns on the 53 for Sunday...

RB Gus Edwards
RB Justice Hill
WR Odell Beckham
WR Rashod Bateman
OL Ronnie Stanley
OL Tyler Linderbaum
ED Odafe Oweh
ED David Ojabo
CB Marlon Humphrey
S Marcus Williams

That's 10 guys and only 6 inactive spots (assuming we elevate 2 and use the QB3 provision again). If 4 of these guys can't make it back, there's bound to be a good deal of roster shuffling on Saturday.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I saw a stat saying that the Browns defense has been on the field for 39 drives (can't remember the EXACT number) this entire season. Out of those 39 drives, they've given only ONE TD. I don't give a fuck which teams they played, that is extremely impressive.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I saw a stat saying that the Browns defense has been on the field for 39 drives (can't remember the EXACT number) this entire season. Out of those 39 drives, they've given only ONE TD. I don't give a fuck which teams they played, that is extremely impressive.
Want something crazier ? The Browns offense has given up more TDs to opponents (2) than the Browns defense (1) this season.