• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chiefs

Who will start on Sunday?

• Joe Flacco

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 37 80.4%

• Total voters

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Arrowhead has ALWAYS been a tough place to play, not just recent times.

I don’t expect to win, but we should start Lamar

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't have much confidence in Harbaugh but surely even he can see that the Ravens are completely different team with Lamar.
Deprive opposing offense of the ball, run thier D out of breath and give our D opportunity to play fresh against those freaks.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we make it a close game, may not pull it out but if we are to be a playoff team we have to at least keep the game close.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Knowing Harbaugh Flacco will start.
Not that I agree with it but Harbaugh hates playing rookies unless he has to

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our defense finally being able to play fresh is working wonders.

That may be the #1 reason to start lamar the rest of the way. Although it goes hand in hand with the run game success

rossihunter2

Staff Member
some really interesting comments in the post-interviews concerning the qb starter:

• Harbaugh: “there’s no quarterback controversy. Not inside (the locker room).”
  • Weddle: “we have our identity.”
  • Harbaugh on whether Jackson has done enough to keep starting job: “he’s done enough.” But said decision at QB hasn’t been made going forward. Flacco was not cleared to play today.
  • Harbaugh said he’s hopeful that Flacco gets clearance to do more at practice this week. Called him “week to week.”

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Without question, Lamar needs to start. Yes, he definitely needs to clean up his mistakes and there'll be growing pains, but you take that with the positives. Have you seen how our running game is just winning TOP and keeping opposing offenses off the field?

No way will this happen with Flacco under the helm. Secondly, Flacco isn't good on the road especially since we're playing an opportunistic defense.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
some really interesting comments in the post-interviews concerning the qb starter:

• Harbaugh: “there’s no quarterback controversy. Not inside (the locker room).”
  • Weddle: “we have our identity.”
  • Harbaugh on whether Jackson has done enough to keep starting job: “he’s done enough.” But said decision at QB hasn’t been made going forward. Flacco was not cleared to play today.
  • Harbaugh said he’s hopeful that Flacco gets clearance to do more at practice this week. Called him “week to week.”
As you know I've hardly cared about postgame comments. This however? It's a different story. The first two quotes told me everything I need to know.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Are we going to win this game? Doubtful, but I do think Lamar gives us at least a punchers chance with controlling the clock and limiting possessions. Also it seems Flacco has not been cleared to play yet and has not practiced fully in like 4 weeks and there are reports that we did not look good and was limping.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure who to start here. I felt Lamar was best vs ATL and was proven right but I need to look more at this matchup. I’m not sure what KC we get because they’ll have Barry back but they’ll be without Hunt. I think that’s a huge factor and this could also be a big distraction for their team. Reid will have to earn his money to ensure his guys are focused

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Our best chance is to try to bring them down to our level of football. Bring them down to the muck and the grime and see if they can they can thrive there. Ravens football baby. AFC North football baby.

Ravens55NYC

Practice Squad
Who should guard Tyreek Hill ? Humphrey can keep up with hill and probably safety helping him out.