• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chiefs

Who will start on Sunday?

• Joe Flacco

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 37 80.4%

• Total voters

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
always the way - the ravens always do something early in these games im relaxed about (either they make a massive mistake against a rubbish team or they get a lead against a great team) that makes it tense
A lead by two scores helps me get relaxed, but that never seems to stay that way

ozraven

Practice Squad
Watched the game this morning (4am east coast Australia) and watched the replay just now after work. Damn...we really should of won this game. It's disappointing we lost this way. Just reading through the comment from @rossihunter. Agreed mate. Also, this may ruffle some feathers, but is eric weddle good anymore?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like i said

one of prime ed or ray

and we're in the playoffs already

take a hint eric

enough hording and trade up in the first if need be

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watched the game this morning (4am east coast Australia) and watched the replay just now after work. Damn...we really should of won this game. It's disappointing we lost this way. Just reading through the comment from @rossihunter. Agreed mate. Also, this may ruffle some feathers, but is eric weddle good anymore?

No, he's looked old and slow all season and needs to be cut next year.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like i said

one of prime ed or ray

and we're in the playoffs already

take a hint eric

enough hording and trade up in the first if need be
We could probably even have that guy in Derwin already and we didn’t even need to trade up! Screw all that hindsight crap, “well we wouldn’t have all these average players” I’ll take one elite player over a few average ones. We wouldn’t even know who we’d be missing. Just excited over an insane talent we drafted.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We could probably even have that guy in Derwin already and we didn’t even need to trade up! Screw all that hindsight crap, “well we wouldn’t have all these average players” I’ll take one elite player over a few average ones. We wouldn’t even know who we’d be missing. Just excited over an insane talent we drafted.

We need to stop being cute in the draft and just take the elite players when they're available. As good as our defense has been, imagine how good it would be with James. He definitely would have made more of an impact than Hurst.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to stop being cute in the draft and just take the elite players when they're available. As good as our defense has been, imagine how good it would be with James. He definitely would have made more of an impact than Hurst.

Would he have made a bigger impact than all the listed players? Was it worth waiting 2 years for another QB?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would he have made a bigger impact than all the listed players? Was it worth waiting 2 years for another QB?

Hard to say, but he can already be considered one of the league's best safeties. With our defense already being the best ranked in the league, James could have taken it to a legendary level. Imagine our defense attacking QBs the way it has, but now they have a guy back there that can anticipate and break on the ball when the QB has to get rid of it. Not to mention that he would be able to cover TEs which has been a serious problem for this defense in the past few years.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I get what you all are saying, but it might have actually paid off this year. I think peoples biggest beef is who the first pick was used on. IF that pick is used on Hernandez or Ridley, I don't see many complaining. Seeing that we drafted 2 TEs and the 3rd rounder is shining is what's causing this. If we don't trade back, I don't think we have Brown or Andrews. Might not have Lamar either seeing how cheap this FO is with picks. Tough to play the hindsight game even though I was mad initially we didn't take James and was never fond of the Hurst pick due to age.