• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Tucker, the Refs and the Fish and Chips

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
+Queen had an absolute monster game
+We need to find more opportunities for Stone (when both our starting S are healthy obviously)
+Defense looked good again. Big plays came mostly from broken plays or Henry doing his thing

- What happened to Bateman ? Is that why he fell on draft day?
- OL getting no push when it matters (RZ or Andrews' failed TE sneak)
- Run blocking
- Situational play calling especially in the RZ
- Hamilton needs to be smarter. Ik Tannehill threw it into traffic and got bailed out

But most importantly @Jacquouille and @rossihunter2 had an amazing time watching our ravens for the first time.

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
+Queen had an absolute monster game
+We need to finde more opportunities for Stone (when both our starting S are healthy obviously)
+Defense look good again. Big plays came mostly from broken plays or Henry doing his thing

- What happened to Bateman ? Is that why he fell on draft day?
- OL getting no push when it matters (RZ or Andrews' failed TE sneak)
- Run blocking
- Situational play calling especially in the RZ
- Hamilton needs to be smarter. Ik Tannehill threw it into traffic and got bailed out

But most importantly @Jacquouille and @rossihunter2 had an amazing time watching our ravens for the first time.

Starting to look like he aint got no heart.

Simba

Staff Member
Glad we got the dub, but offensively it still feels like we’re playing too safe. So many designed plays instead of letting players win their matchups. Hard to get anything going downfield when the plays aren’t scripted that way.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Glad we got the dub, but offensively it still feels like we’re playing too safe. So many designed plays instead of letting players win their matchups. Hard to get anything going downfield when the plays aren’t scripted that way.
I think this because people don't feel like they have to really respect Gus and Hill so much and there isn't a WR1 on the team

Simba

Staff Member
I think this because people don't feel like they have to really respect Gus and Hill so much and there isn't a WR1 on the team
I don’t disagree. Gus doesn’t look to have much explosion left in the legs and Hill is a good complementary piece, but not a bell cow. I expect RB to be a top priority next year.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don’t disagree. Gus doesn’t look to have much explosion left in the legs and Hill is a good complementary piece, but not a bell cow. I expect RB to be a top priority next year.
Think you have to try and get Mitchell involved but he's obviously not the answer. Also if Bateman doesn't get his head out of his ass or if OBJ doesn't become someone else after his ankle really healing, there's no WR1 coming for this team

Simba

Staff Member
It’s weird that the defense is the better unit, but still seemingly the place where a trade deadline addition elevates us the most. Can’t help but feel a dynamic interior DL to line up next to Madubuike is the move if the option presents itself.

Offensively, we have the talent. Things just feel so out of sync there. A good OL would obviously be great but there’s a cohesion component to that that is hard to get at the trade deadline.

RB is the only other position I see.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s weird that the defense is the better unit, but still seemingly the place where a trade deadline addition elevates us the most. Can’t help but feel a dynamic interior DL to line up next to Madubuike is the move if the option presents itself.

Offensively, we have the talent. Things just feel so out of sync there. A good OL would obviously be great but there’s a cohesion component to that that is hard to get at the trade deadline.

RB is the only other position I see.

RB is a glaring concern for me