• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Tucker, the Refs and the Fish and Chips

Simba

Staff Member
Titans run defense looked great so i cant blame edwarda for that
He hasn’t really looked like himself all season. The same guy that used to run through tackles to not take a loss is now going down at first touch. I know it’s not all on him but there’s a clear lack of burst right now.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It's sad because this was supposed to be our year. If we don't get it done this year, next year's team will be worse than this one.

We need to overhaul RB. We need to completely remake WR again. OL needs work. May lose queen and Madabuike. Gonna have tons of defensive UFAs like Darby and Ya sin and Clowney etc. CB is a mess. Pass rush is a mess.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also just a hard one to justify giving up draft capital for. Just takes the right fit there. Hopefully it exists.

I agree. Need to see what Keaton is and can do. RB's matter

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's sad because this was supposed to be our year. If we don't get it done this year, next year's team will be worse than this one.

We need to overhaul RB. We need to completely remake WR again. OL needs work. May lose queen and Madabuike. Gonna have tons of defensive UFAs like Darby and Ya sin and Clowney etc. CB is a mess. Pass rush is a mess.

Chill out Mr Gloom N Doom lmfao

Simba

Staff Member
I agree. Need to see what Keaton is and can do. RB's matter
Don’t think Keaton will be any sort of major factor either. Another guy similar to Hill that can be a good change of pace guy but is unlikely to tote the rock consistently between the tackles.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t think Keaton will be any sort of major factor either. Another guy similar to Hill that can be a good change of pace guy but is unlikely to tote the rock consistently between the tackles.

I'd love to at least try. What we have now is not really working. Gus has been doing his best but he is nowhere near the guy he used to be for us

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s weird that the defense is the better unit, but still seemingly the place where a trade deadline addition elevates us the most. Can’t help but feel a dynamic interior DL to line up next to Madubuike is the move if the option presents itself.

Offensively, we have the talent. Things just feel so out of sync there. A good OL would obviously be great but there’s a cohesion component to that that is hard to get at the trade deadline.

RB is the only other position I see.
Defense is on their 2nd year as a unit, offense in their 6th game

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How about we call Tenn to see what Henry would cost since they have Spears?

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We need a RB or WR before the trade deadline. Zay and Nelly can’t do it all with how well Lamar is throwing it this year

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
One year ago we were mad about our defense and some were even calling to fire Mike. It's extremely frustrating at time but it takes time to adjust and run a new scheme.

btw: @JAAM you missed the best game ever

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bate does not look healthy and explosive like he was last year

Simba

Staff Member
Also some injuries that we’ll have to keep an eye on… defense got decimated on the depth front

Brent Urban (neck)
Broderick Washington (shoulder)
Malik Harrison (concussion)
Kevon Seymour (ankle)
Marcus Williams (hamstring)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
One year ago we were mad about our defense and some were even calling to fire Mike. It's extremely frustrating at time but it takes time to adjust and run a new scheme.

btw: @JAAM you missed the best game ever
Hahahaha I was getting my beauty sleep but caught the last 5 minutes. Boy Willis is absolute trash lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Got to start over at RB next year... I still think we call the Giants about Saquon. Either way... something needs to change at the RB position.

Also... we got to get Monken in kill mode. We can't let teams hang around, Lamar is playing so well outside of his usual mistakes.

Tank

Hall of Famer

There’s a long way to go, still time for the offense to get it together.