• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game Ball Thread @ Falcons

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Well, I don't have pics of her (not gonna ask her for pics either so her hubby doesn't hunt me down) so Rachel wins by default lol.

She is beautiful. I can most definitely appreciate a beautiful woman.

And to clarify, my husband said he felt sorry for Lost messing with me, not him. He is not the jealous type, lol.

Why would her hubby not want to show her off?
Lmao! He actually likes the attention. Go figure.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Filmstudy

Staff Member
Filmstudy
Writer
I'm actually offended that not one post mentioned Marlon Humphrey. Humpf had an outstanding game and that was such a bullshit penalty called on him.
Marlon was my #1 with Pierce and Williams #2 and Tavon #3

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jimmy Smith shut down Julio Jones. I know we love to rag on Jimmy but I don’t think the decision is that easy in choosing between him or Carr. Jimmy is an elite talent when healthy but that's been his issue. He saves more money but to be it’s not even close who is better. Carr has been good though. Hell, our secondary is carrying our defense particular our CB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Smith shut down Julio Jones. I know we love to rag on Jimmy but I don’t think the decision is that easy in choosing between him or Carr. Jimmy is an elite talent when healthy but that's been his issue. He saves more money but to be it’s not even close who is better. Carr has been good though. Hell, our secondary is carrying our defense particular our CB.
If we can make moves with both jimmy and Carr on the roster, do it, if we have to cut or trade jimmy to make room for a big signing that we desperately need, then do it. Don’t get rid of jimmy just because he costs money and gets hurt. Even with jimmy we should have plenty of space this offseason, apply some context to the situation.

If lamar has a strong offseason and his passing develops enough to at least make us balanced in a sense that lamar can pass for 200yds and stay positive on the turnover ratio while our run game continues or gets better, then you never know if a player like jimmy could be the deciding factor on whether or not we can see a SB in the next year or 2. A player of Jimmy’s caliber is not something you just shed off when you have a solid team already

Filmstudy

Staff Member
Filmstudy
Writer
In addition, is Jimmy 4th or 5th? He too played admirably well given the WR corps we went up against.

It was one of the most impressive defensive performances in team history, so it shouldn't be surprising the Ravens had 6-8 defenders who could have been in the top 3.

One of the things I did in my defensive article this week was to break down all of the Julio targets (10, including 2 negated by penalty). If you look at who shut down JJ, it isn't 1 guy at all, but perhaps 4 (Weddle, Clark, Smith, Humphrey) each of whom made plays vs Jones. The details are here:

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018/12/04/filmstudy/defensive-depth-throttles-falcons/

I also left Suggs out of the top 3, which was a difficult call given his contributions. Kenny Young also looked good, but didn't make my top 3. Also agree with the comments on Mosley's improved play. He looks healthy and much more like his old self. It was nice to see he wasn't picked on.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Im giving to Peanut just because of the strip sack for a Tavon TD. The way he just came in and leaped and swatted the ball. Reminded me of an Ed Reed style play

Clark i think could really be something

Last edited: