• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Accurate analytics of our draft picks

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

I've been reading his stuff and it's scary accurate.

Might sour a lot on the T. Williams/ C. Wormley Picks after reading the data.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pro Bowl potential-

T.Bowser
N.Siragusa
J.Eluemenor

Borderline Pro Bowl
M.Humphrey
C.Clark

Backups
T.Willams
C.Wormely

When you look at the statistics he puts in and how accurate the data is it's pretty much a spoiler on who's not going to be a star.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

I've been reading his stuff and it's scary accurate.

Might sour a lot on the T. Williams/ C. Wormley Picks after reading the data.

Pro Bowl potential-

T.Bowser
N.Siragusa
J.Eluemenor

Borderline Pro Bowl
M.Humphrey
C.Clark

Backups
T.Willams
C.Wormely

When you look at the statistics he puts in and how accurate the data is it's pretty much a spoiler on who's not going to be a star.

I agree on most. There's different systems to look at with any athlete. I don't agree on Tim Williams. Some players the eyeball test on an athlete rules. Tim outplays much of his computer numbers and stats. Wormley I never liked what he brings and what works in the NFL. Bowser is a wildcard but good reason to be optimistic. If Siragusa can convert to center like he has expressed interest to do so. Then in my opinion we found borderline pro bowl caliber center and left guard. These lineman stack up phenomenally with what makes an offensive lineman great. Siragusa an Athletic intelligent tough mauler. And Eluemunor is raw but compares so well to the freakishly strong guards with very surprising explosion athleticism

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's got a program and sourced all his information in a mathematical sense. It's very comprehensive. He then simply puts in the grades/numbers into a database and it shows where the player matches up compared to all the statistics from 1989 onwards.
[doublepost=1495136367,1495136313][/doublepost]He basically says film is irrelevant because every single all pro or pro bowl player has at least this % or grade in college since 1989 .
[doublepost=1495136478][/doublepost]https://www.amazon.com/2017-NFL-Draft-Analytics-Guide-ebook/dp/B06ZYZ79XV

draftcobern.wordpress.com

flynismo

Practice Squad
This is just the same old stats, just in a bar graph format. Anything that relies heavily on statistics and production is going to lack any context.
More to the point, how many players meet these "metrics" coming out of college but do not amount to much in the NFL?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is just the same old stats, just in a bar graph format. Anything that relies heavily on statistics and production is going to lack any context.
More to the point, how many players meet these "metrics" coming out of college but do not amount to much in the NFL?

Buy the Ebook. It explains it all. I have to hand it to him, he's put in the work. It's more of a sure thing that a player who DOESNT meet the metrics won't be an all pro player while even those who do meet the metrics ( o linesman ) may not. However, with Corners and WR's his statistics are actually...

100% accurate as it pertains to all pros.
[doublepost=1495138936,1495138863][/doublepost]he looks into even small details. Like where DB's with certain legnth arms have never made an all pro etc.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Buy the Ebook. It explains it all. I have to hand it to him, he's put in the work. It's more of a sure thing that a player who DOESNT meet the metrics won't be an all pro player while even those who do meet the metrics ( o linesman ) may not. However, with Corners and WR's his statistics are actually...

[doublepost=1495138936,1495138863][/doublepost]he looks into even small details. Like where DB's with certain legnth arms have never made an all pro etc.

So if it's that accurate I guess all of the NFL GMs use his system prior to the draft.

flynismo

Practice Squad

I don't doubt he put a lot of time, effort and research into it. But I don't buy that it is 100% accurate for WRs and CBs. I bet he didn't predict Malcolm Butler being an All Pro.
[doublepost=1495139414,1495139328][/doublepost]
might be a good idea? I think the browns are using something similar as of last year.
That would explain a lot. The Browns rely on a Youtuber's draft board lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't doubt he put a lot of time, effort and research into it. But I don't buy that it is 100% accurate for WRs and CBs. I bet he didn't predict Malcolm Butler being an All Pro.

You'll have to ask him. It's not about predicting on a personal level its about what his college statistics say. His STM his PDM and his athletic ability grade combined with other metrics.

He's not '' predicting''. he has a system of information and based on college stats, athletic ability, competition strength and even things like arm legenth he puts a player into a system and up comes to the comparable players and where he lies ( potential wise)
[doublepost=1495139670,1495139624][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1495139414,1495139328][/doublepost]
That would explain a lot. The Browns rely on a Youtuber's draft board lol

You'll have to ask him. It's not about predicting on a personal level its about what his college statistics say. His STM his PDM and his athletic ability grade combined with other metrics.

He's not '' predicting''. he has a system of information and based on college stats, athletic ability(Combine grades), competition strength and even things like arm legenth he puts a player into a system and up comes to the comparable players and where he lies ( potential wise)
[doublepost=1495139817][/doublepost]btw..the all pro mark is for FIRST TEAM all pro and multiple ones at that.

flynismo

Practice Squad

He's not '' predicting''. he has a system of information and based on college stats, athletic ability, competition strength and even things like arm legenth he puts a player into a system and up comes to the comparable players and where he lies ( potential wise)

Hmm....that sounds exactly like 'predicting'. Well, more accurately, projecting, but same difference.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
not re

He's not '' predicting''. he has a system of information and based on college stats, athletic ability(Combine grades), competition strength and even things like arm legenth he puts a player into a system and up comes to the comparable players and where he lies ( potential wise)
[doublepost=1495139817][/doublepost]btw..the all pro mark is for FIRST TEAM all pro and multiple ones at that.

Hmm....that sounds exactly like 'predicting'. Well, more accurately, projecting, but same difference.

He's not predicting based on anything but a comprehensive mathematical formula ( you only see the cookie cutter in these videos)
It's all numbers and put into a formula and voila. Obvious patterns and percentages occur and they are comprehensive ( 1989 onwards)
[doublepost=1495140566][/doublepost]btw he likes our draft class a lot..so I don't know why everyone getting peeved lol you should watch his videos for all the other teams ^_^

flynismo

Practice Squad
not re
He's not predicting based on anything but a comprehensive mathematical formula ( you only see the cookie cutter in these videos)
It's all numbers and put into a formula and voila. Obvious patterns and percentages occur and they are comprehensive ( 1989 onwards)
[doublepost=1495140566][/doublepost]btw he likes our draft class a lot..so I don't know why everyone getting peeved lol you should watch his videos for all the other teams ^_^
Not peeved at you at all, Sami. I'm on his website, and seems that the players he lists are very random; suggesting to me that maybe he only shows what he wants you to see.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not peeved at you at all, Sami. I'm on his website, and seems that the players he lists are very random; suggesting to me that maybe he only shows what he wants you to see.

His website is a mess. You can find information but use the search tab for specific players. Just get the Ebook if i were you. His website is awful ( design, structure organization etc)

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
These numbers usually do tell the tale of a player. But it's not written in stone. Sometimes the eye test and common sense tells you a player is more explosive than the numbers and stats imply. Tim Williams is an example.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If it was so accurate, every GM would be buying into it. Game tape is irrelevant huh. That's enough to not even take this seriously and I don't.