• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 10 Discussion (A Primetime Disaster)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
92i8kdpwc7zb1.jpg

Thursday Night Football
Panthers @ Bears:
To kick off the week of terrible primetime games, Thursday Night Football begins in Chicago where the Bears are in a win-win situation when it comes to the 2024 NFL Draft. They own the Panthers pick, so a win means the Panthers' pick will be better, or they lose and their own pick is likely to be better. Tyson Bagent once again gets the start for Chicago, but will see a banged up Carolina defense who will be without Brian Burns and CJ Henderson. A tough season for both teams to this point as both look to salvage the season anyway they can and perhaps play spoiler to playoff contenders down the line. Fun fact.... Carolina has never beaten the Bears in Chicago as the Bears own a 5-0 record when this game is played at Soldier Field, but Carolina has also won two straight Thursday Night contests heading into this game.

Early Morning - Germany Part 2
Colts @ Patriots:
Bill Belichick has been the Head Coach of the New England Patriots since 2000, the year they drafted Tom Brady in the sixth round. New reports speculate that a loss to the Colts, might very well end the two decade plus tenure as Head Coach and the Patriots will look to start a new era in 2024. I'll believe it when I see it, but everything has gone wrong in New England since the departure of Tom Brady in 2020. They drafted Mac Jones in 2021 to be the new franchise quarterback but that right now has a slim chance of happening. Given Washington ran for 124 yards against New England last week, look for the Colts to lean heavy into Jonathan Taylor but without CJ Jackson in the secondary, Minshew perhaps can replicate the day Sam Howell had last week and perhaps come away with the win in Germany. Is this the final game for Bill Belichick in New England?

Sunday 1PM Early Games
Browns @ Ravens:
As Dorothy once said, "There's no place like home", and the Ravens are letting visitor teams know they aren't going to be welcomed with arms wide open. The Ravens have outscored their opponent 119-40 in four home games through the first nine weeks of the season, already getting comparisons to the historic 2000 Ravens defense. Deshaun Watson will play on Sunday after missing the first game which saw Cleveland's offense only put up three points behind rookie Dorian Thompson-Robinson. With Cleveland missing both of their starting tackles, this is surely going to be another game with a big opportunity for the Ravens defense to feast and ground the Browns offense like they did in week four.

Can Cleveland beat Baltimore at it's own game on Sunday? The Browns come into this game third in the league with 144.1 yards per game, something many thought would not be the case after they lost Nick Chubb for the season. Cleveland is using three backs to replace Chubb and all three will present different challenges to the Ravens defense. If Baltimore happens to overlook the Browns and are seemingly thinking ahead to the Bengals game, Cleveland has a shot. If the Ravens teams that showed up against the Lions and Seahawks is who the Browns play on Sunday, game over for Cleveland. Baltimore has a chance to secure their spot at the top of the AFC North in the next two weeks, and it starts on Sunday with the Cleveland Browns.

Texans @ Bengals:

49ers @ Jaguars:

Saints @ Vikings:

Packers @ Steelers:

Titans @ Buccaneers:

Sunday 4PM Late Games
Falcons @ Cardinals

Lions @ Chargers:

Giants @ Cowboys: The last time these teams met in week one, Dallas pitched a shutout against the G-Men in a 40-0 victory and look to complete the season sweep on Sunday. When these two teams met in week one, Daniel Jones was the starting quarterback and since then the Giants have had to rely on veteran Tyrod Taylor in Jones' absence. Now the Giants turn to UDFA Tommy DeVito who will become the first rookie free agent quarterback to start for the Giants ever, and the 10th rookie quarterback to start in a single season, the most ever in NFL history. The Giants offensive line issues has been present all season, giving up 7 sacks to the Cowboys defense in week one. After a close game last week in Philadelphia, Dallas gets their get right game here as the Giants' season continues to sink further and further as the season progresses.

Commanders @ Seahawks: In week one, I said starting Sam Howell was Washington's way of joining the tank bowl, and here we are in week ten and Sam Howell is second in the league in passing yards behind... Tua Tagovailoa. Perhaps Eric Bieniemy is a Quarterback whisperer after all? The Seahawks return home looking to bounce back after a tough road trip to Baltimore in an ugly loss to the Ravens.

Sunday Night Football
Jets @ Raiders:

Monday Night Football
Broncos @ Bills:

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
No Tee Higgins for the Bengals against the Texans, he is being listed as week to week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is such an exciting game. Not sure who in the scheduling office ever thought Bears and Panthers should be on Prime time

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
DJ Moore flexing on Panthers cause he caught a pass.
Poetic justice Foreman flexed that back after scoring a TD.

Apart from few shitsburgh games, this was absolutely the ugliest shit all year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch the game but apparently the Bears had a false start... ON THE KNEEL DOWN? Like.... how? Very fitting I guess.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Checked the Panthers forums, they are calling for Frank Reich to be fired tomorrow and quite frankly he should be. Ever since David Tepper bought the team, he just hasn't made the right hires. First there was that stupid 7 year contract he gave Rhule, who he is paying to not coach the team. Now Frank Reich looks to be another bad hire. Then I'm guessing he's the one who approved their GM going all in on Bryce Young and giving up all those picks, such a terrible pick and Stroud was clearly the better player. Their scouts need to be fired too for missing big time on this.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Checked the Panthers forums, they are calling for Frank Reich to be fired tomorrow and quite frankly he should be. Ever since David Tepper bought the team, he just hasn't made the right hires. First there was that stupid 7 year contract he gave Rhule, who he is paying to not coach the team. Now Frank Reich looks to be another bad hire. Then I'm guessing he's the one who approved their GM going all in on Bryce Young and giving up all those picks, such a terrible pick and Stroud was clearly the better player. Their scouts need to be fired too for missing big time on this.
Not only that, but giving up DJ Moore in the process as well while openly stating that they're looking for a WR1. Imagine that shit....

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I also checked their forums, I hope and pray we never descend into that much incompetence and despair. God help them.

I mean it’s also quite something to hear that Bryce Young needs weapons, well they had Moore and CMac and gave them away. No first round pick this year is the icing on the cake of sadness. I’d be so disgusted and mad at ownership as a fan.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
That missed FG may really hurt the Patriots. Unfortunately he kicked it too high and they said a piece of the ball looked like would have touched the upright