• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Rams edition.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Offense:

Gus looks like he's got legit nothing left in the tank. We don't run Hill. Keaton is a bright spot.

OL was mostly ok. Tyler just had 1 very bad play that complicated the game.

Good play from OBJ, Zay, and Nelly. Bateman is just consistently a James Proche like character. If he's the target downfield it's a bad play waiting to happen. He's only been ok on underneath stuff.

Likely is ok but no Mark Andrews. Kolar is a non factor. Unless we make it long enough for Mark to come back the shape and style of this offense is going to need to continue to evolve.

Lamar's touch wasn't great in the first half and he forced it for 1 interception. Outside of that he was legitimately insane.

Simba

Staff Member
It wasn’t a pretty effort overall but I’d particularly not be looking forward to film study if I was Geno Stone right now. Felt like he was constantly out of position and biting on things he shouldn’t have.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
This win shows guts. This team hasn't been able to win close games in a while and yet today we toughed it out and did just enough to beat a team that is heating up. Honestly the only thing that I'm not thrilled about is how we seemed to be forcing the deep ball

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Defense:

Hope that Hamilton is ok. Geno is a good player but the hurt Marcus Williams experiment is one no of us wish we'd have to see. If 14 is out for any extended period of time we need more Williams.

Marlon fucking sucked in all ways with the game on the line. Slipping, giving up big catches and not intercepting underthrown GIGTS. The other corners were largely fine. Kupp got Maulet like twice all game.

Rush defense was some of the worst we've ever seen in the 1st half. Got better in the second.

Edge was pretty much a nonfactor all day but interior pressure was quite good.

Big thing about the defense was they gave up 10 CRITICAL points to lose the game or tie the game for over time. Completely missing that killer instinct.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
STs:

Stout himself was great. But the rest of the punting unit was horrible getting Stout killed out there.

JAD was pretty good on a punt coverage.

Duvernay was absolutely trash while he was in.

Completely unacceptable offsides on punt return to give them another TD.

And without extra context... Tylan fucking Wallace.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Defense:

Hope that Hamilton is ok. Geno is a good player but the hurt Marcus Williams experiment is one no of us wish we'd have to see. If 14 is out for any extended period of time we need more Williams.

Marlon fucking sucked in all ways with the game on the line. Slipping, giving up big catches and not intercepting underthrown GIGTS. The other corners were largely fine. Kupp got Maulet like twice all game.

Rush defense was some of the worst we've ever seen in the 1st half. Got better in the second.

Edge was pretty much a nonfactor all day but interior pressure was quite good.

Big thing about the defense was they gave up 10 CRITICAL points to lose the game or tie the game for over time. Completely missing that killer instinct.
Humphrey almost cost us this game single handed. I was pissed. Then didn’t catch what should have been a game winning interception.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
You know, I was pretty adamant we were going to lose because it seemed like we were still on the bye while the Rams showed why they were on a hot streak. Plus, the number of mistakes is something we haven't been able to overcome.

Defense played better in the 2nd half, but predictably gave up the go-ahead TD. Lamar really hasn't many opportunities to come back from behind but that final drive was all heart. As soon as we went 3 and out in OT, I figured it was over. We got lucky with the drops otherwise we'd be super fucked. But then, that punt return TD had me like..........

1702246099905.png

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The defensive collapses plural were unacceptable for a serious team. It was nice to see Lamar execute a game wining drive and 2 point conversion. Sucks it was wasted. But then to go 3 and out after receiving the ball in OT is so unbelievably unacceptable as well. All that shit plus a million penalties and lost the turnover battle.

Every possible thing you could do wrong we did and we somehow won. I'll take it and I'll give props for finding a way to close out 2 close games in a row but goddamn what was one of the worst overall ways to win I've ever seen. Especially at home after a bye against a 0.500 team. (they're maybe playing like a 8-5 team instead of 6-7, nothing crazy guys)

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I don't have a lot of confidence in this team but this particular win in this particular way could lift them through what remains of the season.