• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 OL Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This figures to be one of the busier OL threads in recent memory.

Might be looking at replacing multiple starters, and even if we're not replacing Stanley, we're probably going to be looking at a long-term replacement for him.

Looks like a good class to want to address OL in...

Simba

Staff Member
Wouldn't be shocked if we have multiple picks on the OL, and early too. Time to start thinking about the future at both T spots, especially with a bit of a scheme change that doesn't favor a guy like Faalele as much. Interior sans C is as wide open as it gets too. Going to need at least 1 young guy currently on the roster to step up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wouldn't be shocked if we have multiple picks on the OL, and early too. Time to start thinking about the future at both T spots, especially with a bit of a scheme change that doesn't favor a guy like Faalele as much. Interior sans C is as wide open as it gets too. Going to need at least 1 young guy currently on the roster to step up.

Linderbaum the only lock on this OL for 2025.
Regardless of whether Stanley, Moses, Zeitler are here in 2024, it's likely that at least 2, if not all 3 of them are not here in 2025...

so definitely would not be surprised if the Ravens attempt to address the position early and often

could definitely look at them approaching the LT position a bit like the Cowboys did with Tyler Smith as Tyron Smith insurance but also as someone who's a dominant looking LG too...

Simba

Staff Member
Patrick Paul is likely to be one of my favorites as the process plays out. I'm a sucker for a guy with natural feet like that. Probably going to need a little bit of work but he has a lot of really good traits off the bat.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never say this often but we almost have to go OT in the 1st. I believe we're ok in the interior even if we l;ose both starting guards and it seems there's a lot of OT talent rated as low 1st or 2nd rd level. Right in our sweet spot.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm getting started with this class. It's as advertised, there are some guys that deserve to go round 1 and won't just because there's too much talent.

So far my guy is Jordan Morgan. I'm in love with him, and I think he's a tackle. His feet are great, his core strength is impressive. His punch is an issue right now, but a good coach will fix that.

Tyler Guyton is also a dude. The hype around him is warranted, insane athlete.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm getting started with this class. It's as advertised, there are some guys that deserve to go round 1 and won't just because there's too much talent.

So far my guy is Jordan Morgan. I'm in love with him, and I think he's a tackle. His feet are great, his core strength is impressive. His punch is an issue right now, but a good coach will fix that.

great, getting ready to play the forum mock this season?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

guyton's got nice traits for sure but dude's really raw
not sure morgan's got the range to play tackle on an island

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Patrick Paul is likely to be one of my favorites as the process plays out. I'm a sucker for a guy with natural feet like that. Probably going to need a little bit of work but he has a lot of really good traits off the bat.

feet are really nice
hands are a mess - timing and placement all wrong consistently

if he was nastier, i'd say we might be looking at another tyler smith like prospect

definitely developmental but with lots of tools and baselines traits to get excited about

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Troy Fautanu is fun

feet can get a little frenetic and over-eager in pass pro but if it doesnt work out at OT for him, he looks like someone who's got pro-bowl potential at OG and for whom the transition to the interior looks like it would be super smooth if necessary
I've seen couple boards that have him really high, like top 10, 15 high.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Troy Fautanu is fun

feet can get a little frenetic and over-eager in pass pro but if it doesnt work out at OT for him, he looks like someone who's got pro-bowl potential at OG and for whom the transition to the interior looks like it would be super smooth if necessary

Samoan OLine. He can’t fail.

They some dawgs! Lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Troy Fautanu is fun

and a good place for him to start if we keep Stanley, ie what Dallas did

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Troy Fautanu is fun

Fun is also the word that came first for me watching him. He'll duck his head and lose balance but he has some tools for sure. I'd try him at tackle too first.