• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 EDGE Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see all the praise for Chop Robinson. Super athletic and great bend and acceleration on outside pass moves but completely relies on straight speed with both his outside and inside moves. Seems to lack secondary moves and not the greatest hand usage. Don't get me wrong he's got great potential but potential doesn't always translate. Reminds me of Ngakwoe. Penn St other LB Idisa Isaac could be a nice Day 2 pickup tho.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That was me. All black has it right. Showed up to meetings, practice, and games high regularly. Got fined out the ass for repeated misconduct. Gave him all of the opportunity in the world to put it together but he never could kick it and stick to football.

which is a shame because it was the beginning of year 2 or 3 where they gave him a chance and he showed in like week 1 that he could put it together on the field (at least as a designated pass rusher) and then disappeared after that

just such a waste of talent

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't see all the praise for Chop Robinson. Super athletic and great bend and acceleration on outside pass moves but completely relies on straight speed with both his outside and inside moves. Seems to lack secondary moves and not the greatest hand usage. Don't get me wrong he's got great potential but potential doesn't always translate. Reminds me of Ngakwoe. Penn St other LB Idisa Isaac could be a nice Day 2 pickup tho.

elite traits make elite pass rushers
you're banking on his development - if he was super refined with counter moves he'd be a top 5 type pick - but you can't teach that get-off

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
elite traits make elite pass rushers
you're banking on his development - if he was super refined with counter moves he'd be a top 5 type pick - but you can't teach that get-off
Too many holes we have to fill and edge right shouldn't be one of the top priorities. Im all about CB and o-line right now and with our 1st I'd hate to draft "potential".

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Too many holes we have to fill and edge right shouldn't be one of the top priorities. Im all about CB and o-line right now and with our 1st I'd hate to draft "potential".

at the end of the 1st round you're drafting potential no matter the position - he's not a developmental guy, he's just a guy with elite traits who's not the finished article yet

but it's not like he has no rush moves or can't play 3 downs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like Javon Solomon from Troy as a day 3 project. He was a sack leader in college and has a good bend. Has a high motor and has been impactful on every pass rush down. I think he'd be a situational pass rusher in the NFL at minimum.

Not sure why Mo Kamara isn't getting more hype. Think he could be a steel in this draft from where he is being projected.