• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 DB Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kool-Aid is starting to become an underrated player. He's in the CB1 convo with Dejean for me.
Absolutely. Seen a few Alabama and Arnold was definitely sticking out more but Kool-Aid was extremely consistent and would also fill the void of PR if need be. CB is deep but not as deep as o-line when it comes to top tier and if he's there you're grabbing him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
dejean feels more like a nickel/DB type than a true outside CB1 type

kool-aid has definitely become the forgotten man in that top group and become overlooked and i do like him

but my top 2 CBs right now feel pretty clearly Terrion Arnold and Nate Wiggins
I'm not so sure I agre with you regarding Dejean being a nickel. I agree he's not a pure corner. He's more like a moveable chess piece, but I wouldn't just define him as a nickel cb.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hamilton and Dejean in the secondary would give us a lot of flexibility in our coverage, and make it harder for offenses to read the defense based on personnel.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hamilton and Dejean in the secondary would give us a lot of flexibility in our coverage, and make it harder for offenses to read the defense based on personnel.

would be a really cool way to stay in big nickel while still being matchup flexible

could have dejean in the nickel with hamilton and williams at the safety spots
could have hamilton in the nickel with dejean rotating into safety
could have marlo in the nickel with dejean rotating outside and hamilton in the deep

could have a nickel package where only 2 of the DBs (Stephens and Williams) are declared positionally on a snap-to-snap or game-to-game basis

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
dejean feels more like a nickel/DB type than a true outside CB1 type

kool-aid has definitely become the forgotten man in that top group and become overlooked and i do like him

but my top 2 CBs right now feel pretty clearly Terrion Arnold and Nate Wiggins
Real high on Arnold but haven’t watched Wiggins yet

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
would be a really cool way to stay in big nickel while still being matchup flexible

could have dejean in the nickel with hamilton and williams at the safety spots
could have hamilton in the nickel with dejean rotating into safety
could have marlo in the nickel with dejean rotating outside and hamilton in the deep

could have a nickel package where only 2 of the DBs (Stephens and Williams) are declared positionally on a snap-to-snap or game-to-game basis
Check out cole bishop. Really like the idea of he and hamilton as long term starting tandem, someone similar to hamilton who can perform his big safety role to an extent and freeing hamilton to freelance and make plays more, he is just that kind of player who you want to give that freedom to but he has a critical, locked-in role on a lot of money downs.

Simba

Staff Member
I finally got to Terrion Arnold on a plane ride home yesterday and the hype is real. Cream of the crop and might be one of my favorites at CB in the last several years. In that Sauce, Witherspoon, Surtain rung for me as of now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I finally got to Terrion Arnold on a plane ride home yesterday and the hype is real. Cream of the crop and might be one of my favorites at CB in the last several years. In that Sauce, Witherspoon, Surtain rung for me as of now.
I'm in agreement with Arnold.

I haven’t watched any of the DBs yet. But he’s really that good? All of those guys were top 10 picks… why is the hype not there nationally?

Simba

Staff Member
I haven’t watched any of the DBs yet. But he’s really that good? All of those guys were top 10 picks… why is the hype not there nationally?
There's still a little bit of projection there. Dominant in press and has all of the physical intangibles as well. Off coverage was a little more spotty but seemed to improve throughout the year.

Would expect he'll gain some hype throughout the process, but may not go quite as early as the others I mentioned largely because of the other guys he's competing with... namely the WRs and QBs.

There's still a little bit of projection there. Dominant in press and has all of the physical intangibles as well. Off coverage was a little more spotty but seemed to improve throughout the year.

Would expect he'll gain some hype throughout the process, but may not go quite as early as the others I mentioned largely because of the other guys he's competing with... namely the WRs and QBs.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to checking out this CB class. Is he your number 1 corner? I see a lot of love for Wiggins, Cooper, and that kid out of Toledo? Not to mention Kool aid

Simba

Staff Member
Thanks for that. Looking forward to checking out this CB class. Is he your number 1 corner? I see a lot of love for Wiggins, Cooper, and that kid out of Toledo? Not to mention Kool aid
I've only watched Arnold and Rakestraw so far. Would be surprising if Arnold is not CB1 after that but know some other guys have hype too.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've only watched Arnold and Rakestraw so far. Would be surprising if Arnold is not CB1 after that but know some other guys have hype too.
Seemed like Arnold had a lot more action going his way. Could be a reason. Kool-Aid is most definitely worth a look. Has at least a 3 yr starting resume. Really reminds me of Marlon. Not necessarily flashy but highly consistent. Also seems like the one to reach us at 30.

Has anybody looked Quinyon Marshall (Toledo). Consistently ranked in mocks ahead Of Kool-Aid.