• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 RB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The JK Dobbins experience is likely over.
Gus looks like he's lost a step.
Justice seems to be a 3rd down, 2-minute and special teams guy - and looks like they've been trying to blood Keaton Mitchell a little in pass pro...

Keaton Mitchell looks like the only guy certain to be a part of the 2024 offence. And from his usage so far it definitely seems like the Ravens don't view him as any sort of bellcow.

Which means there's opportunities here to go and get someone (or multiple someones) with some juice in this RB class that seems to be being well reviewed so far.

A position that is going to be a popular day 2 pick for the Ravens when we get to mock season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree we will most likely draft someone on day two, but I'm not certain the JK Dobbins experience is over. They certainly can't count on him as a #1 RB, but an incentive laden contract may be worthwhile.

Simba

Staff Member
I agree we will most likely draft someone on day two, but I'm not certain the JK Dobbins experience is over. They certainly can't count on him as a #1 RB, but an incentive laden contract may be worthwhile.
It'll be very interesting to see what they do with Dobbins. Almost surely going to have to accept a 1 year prove it deal with little guarantees. Could very well be something we're interested in. Have to hedge the bets that his career is circling the drain though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It'll be very interesting to see what they do with Dobbins. Almost surely going to have to accept a 1 year prove it deal with little guarantees. Could very well be something we're interested in. Have to hedge the bets that his career is circling the drain though.
I feel so bad for Dobbins, because he is such a talented RB and had such promise but couldn't stay on the field.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Mitchell injury adds even more questions to this position...
Is JK coming back on a 1 year prove it deal?
Can Mitchell be relied upon to even factor in 2024 with this injury? If it's as gnarly as JK's was then we might not see him properly until 2025

which leaves us with justice hill for 2024 and that's it... and the way they've been using mitchell the past few weeks, looks pretty clear that they've been trying to find ways of giving some of that 3rd down and 2-minute work to keaton

if it wasnt already obvious that we'd be drafting someone, it's clear as day now

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We need to draft an RB1 in the next draft. Not necessarily a bellcow, but we need to hit the reset button on the group and get a young stud to grow with Lamar. I don’t even want Dobbins back. I’m still on the fence with Gus. Hopefully Keaton will be back by camp because he’s the perfect compliment

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We need to draft an RB1 in the next draft. Not necessarily a bellcow, but we need to hit the reset button on the group and get a young stud to grow with Lamar. I don’t even want Dobbins back. I’m still on the fence with Gus. Hopefully Keaton will be back by camp because he’s the perfect compliment

if keaton's back by camp it'll be a miracle based on what that injury looked like

The team likely keeps Justice and hopes Keaton recovers, but i imagine they're looking for a RB1 and RB2 this offseason

JAAM

Hall of Famer
if keaton's back by camp it'll be a miracle based on what that injury looked like

The team likely keeps Justice and hopes Keaton recovers, but i imagine they're looking for a RB1 and RB2 this offseason
How would you feel about signing an RB2 in the off-season like a Foreman or a Dowdle then drafting an RB1 on the second day? Or do you think both should come from the draft?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
who and who?
dont think either of those guys are what im looking for lol
Hahaha how about an RB2 from free agency? Or are you looking for both from the draft?

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we should keep Gus if we possibly can, because He is our best option at the moment. We don't know what Keaton will be like when he gets back.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Mitchell injury adds even more questions to this position...
Is JK coming back on a 1 year prove it deal?
Can Mitchell be relied upon to even factor in 2024 with this injury? If it's as gnarly as JK's was then we might not see him properly until 2025

which leaves us with justice hill for 2024 and that's it... and the way they've been using mitchell the past few weeks, looks pretty clear that they've been trying to find ways of giving some of that 3rd down and 2-minute work to keaton

if it wasnt already obvious that we'd be drafting someone, it's clear as day now
if it's just the reported ACL and no other ligaments, then it shouldn't be so bad and maybe he makes it back at the start of the season or by October. That's best case scenario though. We definitely have seen some come back quickly, but certainly not JK's who torea bunch of ligaments.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would hate to draft anybody before day 3 unless we dont sign Gus. Really like Ray Davis and Isiah Davis as day 3 picks. Good vision aka using their blocks is a massive trait I noticed from these 2.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone that deserves a good look is Trey Bensonin the late 3rd. He runs like a younger, more explosive Gus Bus. His vision is fantastic, big string guy that won't go down easy, and can very quickly eat up five to ten yards in a run. Also has okay hands as a check down option, and is a good blocker.

Also when you look at the highlights it straight up looks like the Ravens rushing offense.