• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 RB Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
@Truth told me this a couple months ago. Just not a good class to be taking a RB high. Should have drafted one last year.

In essence, we did with Mitchell. He was a draftable talent, we thought. I honestly have not come across an RB class where I'm this unsure of whom will be a starter off the bat. Blake Corum and a few others at this point.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
There's some belief that Corum hasn't been as explosive since the knee injury last year.

He put up a lot of touchdowns this year. Redzone weapon. But the burst seemed like it was missing. He had some nice runs in the playoff, but throughout the season, it wasn't as common as before.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In essence, we did with Mitchell. He was a draftable talent, we thought. I honestly have not come across an RB class where I'm this unsure of whom will be a starter off the bat. Blake Corum and a few others at this point.
He absolutely was draftable talent and we got lucky to nab him as a UDFA.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

depends what you mean by starter
everyone is gonna be a role player - like even jahmyrr gibb isnt a workhorse type guy but he's a valuable offensive weapon from last year's class

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What are people seeing in Corum? I'd probably have a late 5th grade on him. I bet he has a very short NFL career.

Simba

Staff Member
What are people seeing in Corum? I'd probably have a late 5th grade on him. I bet he has a very short NFL career.
Don’t see much there either. Probably only being recognized because he played at Michigan. Put the same guy at Indiana and he’d be not much more than an afterthought.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
depends what you mean by starter
everyone is gonna be a role player - like even jahmyrr gibb isnt a workhorse type guy but he's a valuable offensive weapon from last year's class

Fair, but that would be going into a conversation about semantics. I mean a valuable offensive piece and somebody whom is going to be involved a good bit. Starter-level by today's standards.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
But I do think there’s a fair few guys with that potential in this class I guess

That’s why I was being a bit semantic about it

Ah, that's fair then. I definitely see ones with potential. I just think this might be one of the hardest lists for the Top 5 that I've made in recent memory, and arguably one of the thinnest at the top.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
the 6 RBs I've enjoyed watching most so far and who have preliminary day 2 grades from me:

Ray Davis
Jonathon Brooks
Bucky Irving
MarShawn Lloyd
Treveyon Henderson
Audric Estime

Davis, Brooks and Irving were lots of fun

Just started watching Estime. Dude is quick and compact. If we draft him, imma call him the new Muscle Hamster

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
There are so many different opinions about all these RBs
feels like a good draft to find value later - higher chance that "your guy" might be available later than expected because the evaluations are seemingly all over the place
I'd wait until the end of round 4 and see who's left between Braelon, Corum and Estime.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd wait until the end of round 4 and see who's left between Braelon, Corum and Estime.

not a fan of braelon personally
but there's a bunch of guys i like who i feel like will be around in the 4th round...

Estime would be awesome though if he comes at a value because of that 4.71 40 yd dash

I think Ray Davis is the guy i really love though - think he's a great complement to what's already on the roster already as well - someone who could maybe usurp Justice on 3rd downs and be a legit passing game weapon