• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Injuries again And The PLAYOFFS BABY!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Simba

Staff Member
We've known this for years since the amazing 2019 run, Lamar can't be graded as simple as we would other QB's.

In Steve Young's words "he is the great eraser"
He really can't. He's a completely unique player through and through. MVP is a very stat driven award, and while Lamar doesn't check those boxes necessarily, it's hard to argue he isn't just as valuable as whoever will likely win it.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He really can't. He's a completely unique player through and through. MVP is a very stat driven award, and while Lamar doesn't check those boxes necessarily, it's hard to argue he isn't just as valuable as whoever will likely win it.

Collinsworth even said it which was surprising about the MVP race. As it pertains to what a QB does for their team, who does more than Lamar?

Collinsworth even said it which was surprising about the MVP race. As it pertains to what a QB does for their team, who does more than Lamar?
While he’s right I wish they would send that blowhard on assignment to Russia until the season is over. Not sure how Tricco puts up with him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Grim surprised to see this but may not tell the full story either

If it's only an ACL, that's a pretty solid deal considering the alternatives.

Wow, I'm shocked. I wouldn't have guessed the ACL with that bend. I'm actually OK if it's just ACL vs. entire knee being shredded.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
He''s more valuable. He should win the award but they will give to to Purdy or Dak.

I think you can make the argument that Lamar is the best player in the NFL. Overall. Not the best passer but overall the best talent.

Lamar is a much better player than the 2019 year he won the MVP with better stats.

Last edited:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Funny that Harbs said Lamar could just about get the game ball every game. LOL.

Some of the shit he did last night I was just in awe, shaking my head as much as the Jags pass rushers were.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It doesn't change my mind about Stanley but a little positive note for him. I'd say move on from him but also he's not as bad as other Left Tackles in comparison.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Just watched the game and I spent the entire time fearing for Jackson's life. Someone needs to step up at OT, or we will have to start playing four inline TEs and a FB to keep our QB off IR.
Amazing game by Jackson, lots of 2019 flashbacks. I thought the long pass to Likely was a terrible decision though. But it worked out and might have been the most important play of the game, so I should not complain.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Purdy might win it unanimously if he wins against balt, lamar can win it if ravens win , 49ers can be had
this shouldn't be a reason and it was discussed last night by Tirico and Collinsworth. Purdy isn't even the best player on the Niners. Lamar is the best player on the Ravens.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It doesn't change my mind about Stanley but a little positive note for him. I'd say move on from him but also he's not as bad as other Left Tackles in comparison.

This is deceiving stat because if you have a QB like Lamar, he drops the sack total in half at least with his incredible elusive ability.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Ronnie has given up 37 pressures on 361 pass blocking snaps.