• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Baltimore Orioles

Tank

Hall of Famer
Big home stand against 2 tough NL teams, then off to NY. And it doesn’t get much easier after that. June’s schedule is definitely challenging.

Didn’t realize the Phillies are keeping pace with both us and the yanks.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I'm sort of shocked at how we dominated the Rays... I mean, they aren't the team they were last year, but we were in command the entire series. I'm looking forward to seeing this stretch of games. Even the Astros series that follows is going to be interesting.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Our guys are playing really well and talking to each other. Cowser's winning HR kind of shows that.

Cade Povich did great and better than his premiere. How long do we ride the young buck? Anything short of breaking him. No walks is awesome.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Our guys are playing really well and talking to each other. Cowser's winning HR kind of shows that.

Cade Povich did great and better than his premiere. How long do we ride the young buck? Anything short of breaking him. No walks is awesome.
We need guys like Cade to show up because we’re losing a pitcher to elbow issues every other week!

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I thought we were going to steal another one back today, but the Braves are a good team and responded in the 9th. This Phillies series should be fun, but we did not match up well with them last year and I haven't followed their changes this year. Their record says it's going to be a contested series. Those are always fun, and more fun when we win them. ;)

Baltimorican

Practice Squad

I was never much worried about the rotation because Povich and McDermott are clearly ready to give innings. Clearly need another back end bullpen arm but its hard to say the O's are doing anything wrong. If Yankees win 110+ games not much you can do about that.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I was never much worried about the rotation because Povich and McDermott are clearly ready to give innings. Clearly need another back end bullpen arm but its hard to say the O's are doing anything wrong. If Yankees win 110+ games not much you can do about that.
I think these guys were penned in as late season replacement/ spell the regular starters roll when the season began. I'm glad we have them and am excited when I see the farm guys come up and contribute. I don't think they do anything major SP-wise at the trade deadline. SP's are just too expensive. I do think there are probably some RP's that they will try to get akin to Fuji last year.

With the Skanks - Judge hasn't hit the IL yet. They'll wilt when he does. ^_^

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
I swear Santander is Ken Singleton reincarnated. Singleton was my fave player as a kid, same switch hitting power stroke, same mediocre defense with the occasional splashy catch, even kinda look alike and have same demeanor.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I swear Santander is Ken Singleton reincarnated. Singleton was my fave player as a kid, same switch hitting power stroke, same mediocre defense with the occasional splashy catch, even kinda look alike and have same demeanor.
Singleton without the DP's. lol.

My old neighbor used to babysit his kids. When he'd come over their house to drop off or pick up or drop my neighbor off after babysitting at their house, it was so cool seeing him. He was super nice and would high-five me and some of the other kids who happened to be around. I was maybe 6 the first time I saw him. It was like a god was visiting. ^_^

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Love seeing the attendance up at Camden Yards. Hope this keeps up for the rest of the season, already the Orioles are three games better than they were last season through 71 games. Time for our Young Guns to step up in the Bronx in this next series, Orioles sit 1.5 games back of the Yankees heading into Tuesday's series opener.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well, well, well

I wondered how our young bats would do in NY, especially since it seems the Yankees are a good team this year. Seems they had no problem at all with the Yankees, now we head to Houston and play the Astros. This is an Orioles team that can shock everyone and win the World Series this year, I believe it.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I wondered how our young bats would do in NY, especially since it seems the Yankees are a good team this year. Seems they had no problem at all with the Yankees, now we head to Houston and play the Astros. This is an Orioles team that can shock everyone and win the World Series this year, I believe it.
Losing Bradish hurts, but I think we still have a good chance to pull it off this year