• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, The MVP, and The Brock Purdy

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or maybe he’s feeling a bit healthier.

I remember people trashing Ngata when he was struggling at times, them not considering the fact he was playing injured when many would just sit in the trainer’s room.

Was that the year he went down for a few weeks and B-Williams stepped up big?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This goes insanely hard

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Social media is the worst thing. People can say shit like this with no repercussions. Them boys down bad right now. You got beat, it's that simple.

and it doesnt even make sense
there's 14 weeks of 49ers film out there outside of this week - maybe they dont use a play they havent used all year (at best) - but the book on their offence can be seen by everyone

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’ve been saying that every year, but this year I’m thinking it would be a defender or receiver. Could definitely see a Beckham or queen or hamilton with a freak standout performance as they’re one to have any given week. Run game performer doesn’t feel like a likely culprit this year lol
We could strategize - play every drive up to 2 yard line, put the ball in Gus' hands (no matter the down), TD. Lot of these, plus couple 30-40 yard plays on screens - SB MVP.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We could strategize - play every drive up to 2 yard line, put the ball in Gus' hands (no matter the down), TD. Lot of these, plus couple 30-40 yard plays on screens - SB MVP.
Maybe a few broken plays where nobody knows wtfs going on except for Lamar and Gus, like the Detroit dump off

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another factor was OBJ not playing as much. He and Zay are our best pass catchers

Tank

Hall of Famer
Was that the year he went down for a few weeks and B-Williams stepped up big?
I don't think so. Haloti didn't miss many games in Bmore due to injury, he pretty much just kept playing through injuries, he had a lot of them the last 2 or 3 years here. Maybe you're thinking about when he was suspended for the last 4 games of the year?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it’s funny this game showed how Purdy is not MVP, Sam Darnold looked better than him
Darnold did what he always does: look fantastic until he gives the ball away. That is what Darnold has always been. He looks like a top 5 QB for 90% of his snaps then makes 3-5 amazingly awful throws every single game. If Darnold gave the ball away less he would be a 40m+ QB but that’s who he is.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Darnold did what he always does: look fantastic until he gives the ball away. That is what Darnold has always been. He looks like a top 5 QB for 90% of his snaps then makes 3-5 amazingly awful throws every single game. If Darnold gave the ball away less he would be a 40m+ QB but that’s who he is.
top 5 QB for 90% of his snaps. Now that's a laugh

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
top 5 QB for 90% of his snaps. Now that's a laugh
I mean that is what both the numbers, analytics, and experts have said. He is elite until he isnt. He makes incredibly difficult low % throws, and then throws it to the other team. If he did not consistently make those awful game losing decisions he would be a very good QB but he makes them on a near constant basis so instead he is a high end backup. It was the exact same thing on Monday. He made great throws and great plays until he made back-to-back awful plays. Its like his brain shuts down for multiple plays which you can get away with as a WR but not as a QB.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean that is what both the numbers, analytics, and experts have said. He is elite until he isnt. He makes incredibly difficult low % throws, and then throws it to the other team. If he did not consistently make those awful game losing decisions he would be a very good QB but he makes them on a near constant basis so instead he is a high end backup. It was the exact same thing on Monday. He made great throws and great plays until he made back-to-back awful plays. Its like his brain shuts down for multiple plays which you can get away with as a WR but not as a QB.
but thats the thing. If you are elite you aren't a backup qb. You can't say he is elite until he isn't. That isn't a qualifier and there isn't anyway around it. Sam Darnold isn't any better than a decent number 2 QB.

Post these analytics and experts on this board. Should be some interesting reading and discussion.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

those arent the qualities of a high-end backup either...