• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, The MVP, and The Brock Purdy

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching Marcus tackle is not pretty. And then Stone...

It's pitiful how these cats want to keep moving the goalpost every time Lamar and the Ravens blow their makeshift theories out of the water.

Of course the talking heads say this, but none of the contenders this year have Lamar's 2019 numbers either. ^_^ Making up news and talking points as they go...
It really is something, I definitely wanted to see what Florio and Richard Sherman had to say today, Florio owned it Sherman is downright childish and the hate is insane. Stats are overrated but I keep seeing Lamar had the game handed to him and 5 INTs and some 49ers fans are saying they still almost won, let’s just forget about the 5 gifted points and stolen field position at the start. Some of these pUrdy and tua and anti Lamar fans just can’t get over the fact that the eye test clearly, and I mean clearly, shows Lamar is in a different league and it’s not even close.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just want to win the SB, don't give a shit about anything else.
It’s the only left for us to do at this point, this is the best team in the NFL, we need to finish the fight. I’m just ready for the playoffs and low key irritated we have two games left and don’t even have the division even locked up let alone 1 seed

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we do see the 49ers again I expect them to run the ball more, our guys were all over purdy’s small ball yac game

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Someone's probably said this already but swapping Darby for Maulet with Marlon moving to the slot was a really good move.

Not only does it get our best 5 DBs on the field, it moves Marlon inside where he can create more havoc - him and Hamilton in there together were nasty all night - they each made the other better and it was only game 1. I hope MacDonald sticks with that plan.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
This might be an unpopular opinion but I actually hope that they give the MVP to Small Cock Brock or CMC so that way this team feels disrespected the next time we play the whiners and comes at them with the same intensity and reminds them of this beat down

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Someone's probably said this already but swapping Darby for Maulet with Marlon moving to the slot was a really good move.

Not only does it get our best 5 DBs on the field, it moves Marlon inside where he can create more havoc - him and Hamilton in there together were nasty all night - they each made the other better and it was only game 1. I hope MacDonald sticks with that plan.
it was the right move against the Niners but Macdonald changes the game plan based on who we are playing. Will be interesting how they cover Tyreek. Definitely will be helpful if Waddle doesn't play but they have a lot of weapons.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Matchup specific - but nice that it’s an option they feel they can lean into

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Matchup specific - but nice that it’s an option they feel they can lean into
They can switch it around, say if a team wants to try to bully Derby with a big physical reciever, but the way H&H worked together inside makes me hope it becomes the default, unless we're forced out of it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This might be an unpopular opinion but I actually hope that they give the MVP to Small Cock Brock or CMC so that way this team feels disrespected the next time we play the whiners and comes at them with the same intensity and reminds them of this beat down
Sorry, but you cannot deny my son his MVP award for some lame-ass feelings, Canadian friend! You cannot do that!