• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, The MVP, and The Brock Purdy

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sorry Rich but all those teams saying they didn't want Lamar makes no sense. Yes he wasn't a true free agent but let's see here.... Arthur Blank came out and said they wouldn't pursue Lamar while really thinking Desmond Riddler/Taylor Heinicke was better than spending 2 firsts on Lamar? Oh and let's not forget they pursued Watson... but not Lamar. Jets really went after a 38 year old Rodgers instead of Lamar. Colts decided on the potential of Anthony Richardson over a proven MVP in Lamar. Russell Wilson was worth two firsts but Lamar isn't? How foolish do some of these teams look now?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man, I have nothing but love for our squad. As usual, it began a little rocky offensively but they got it together by the 3rd quarter and the defense was playing lights out. Great win and CHRISTMAS DAY present!
1703571468381.png

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also gotta say, while the rest of that team looked dejected, Deebo and Aiyuk kept fighting. Those are some damn good players. Won’t be an easy rematch if we see them again.
At the same time I’m even more convinced Brock Purdy is Andy Dalton

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlo still isn’t playing to his abilities which is insane.

marklar

Pro Bowler
First of all, this game is why I watch the NFL. Two really good teams making a lot of good plays and there's a highlight every 2 minutes. Winning is fun, but a good game is a lot more fun.

My highlight plays:
* Marlon blowing up an o-lineman like he wasn't even there. One of the funniest plays of the year, probably together with Queen deciding not to take a free run at the QB a few weeks ago
* Likely streatching out and collecting the pass on that extended play
* Gus going 40 yards on the pass play

marklar

Pro Bowler
My MVPs
* The Oline did a complete 180 after making the Jaguars look like world beaters, they made Bosa almost a non-factor in the pass game. The two penalties on Simpson and Stanley should normally have been really costly, but it was one of the days where the offense could overcome setbacks
* Clowney versus backups in the 4th quarter was really unfair, felt like he had a pressure on every pass play. He must have maximized the escalators on his deal by now with the way he is playing. And staying healthy, which is something he's been bad at his entire career
* The interceptions, of course. The funny thing is how close it was to being 7 INT instead. The one that hit Darby in the head and then the one the Smith had in his hands. Without looking at the stats, I suspect we had a season-high number of PDs this game, batting balls left and right and the DBs having their hands on a lot of those that got through the front 7.

There was very little "bad" in this game, but the running game was not up to what we've come to expect

The other potential bad is that there's a >50% chance we will be playing backups against the Steelers, which is unacceptable. If we once again play backups and get swept by the Steelers, not even a championship will outweight that. It should be forbidden to rest anyone against those fuckers, independent of any potential long term gains.

Regarding the opposition - Aiyuk to me is the best WR we have faced the entire year. Really complete player. The other weapons get more headlines, but I'd take Aiyuk any day of the week over Kittle and Samuel.

That was a big win last night. I think our boys were playing with a chip. Being the dog looks good on them. lol

Both our coordinators are top notch. If Mac doesn’t get DCOTY something’s wrong. I just hope we don’t lose him next year. That Purdy boy was shook! Lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
That was a big win last night. I think our boys were playing with a chip. Being the dog looks good on them. lol

Both our coordinators are top notch. If Mac doesn’t get DCOTY something’s wrong. I just hope we don’t lose him next year. That Purdy boy was shook! Lol
Throw Mike a blank check for the next 2-3 years and pray he'll stay. Highly doubt well have that problem with Monken.