• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Video Game Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gentlemen, Monster Hunter is the shit and the urine.

Haven't touched D2 in months nor did I opt in for the first DLC. I am done with Activision for what I believe they did to this game and Bungie as a whole. EA is also doing the same to Bioware

For what it's worth, Bungo seems to be coming up with a plan for how they're going to fix D2. I'm cautiously optimistic that we could see a Taken King-like expansion by the end of the year and the game will be worth going back to again.

I'm not completely sold on Monster Hunter as being a game I could get into, but a lot of people are raving about it. It's a game I could see myself giving a shot when it goes down in price eventually.

I've been having a lot of fun with the Shadow of the Colossus remake since it came out last week. The game looks gorgeous and still plays like the original (for better or worse, in some cases). Definitely recommend for everyone who has a PS4.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
For what it's worth, Bungo seems to be coming up with a plan for how they're going to fix D2. I'm cautiously optimistic that we could see a Taken King-like expansion by the end of the year and the game will be worth going back to again.

I'm not completely sold on Monster Hunter as being a game I could get into, but a lot of people are raving about it. It's a game I could see myself giving a shot when it goes down in price eventually.

I've been having a lot of fun with the Shadow of the Colossus remake since it came out last week. The game looks gorgeous and still plays like the original (for better or worse, in some cases). Definitely recommend for everyone who has a PS4.

I am roughly 63 hours in and still have no completed the story.....it's worth it. I have never played a game like this

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Should i get Monster Hunter or AC Origins for Xbox1???? I already played Origins and I love it but Monster Hunter intrigues me so much

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now I'm enjoying Forza 6, but I'm still debating if I should get Forza 7. To anyone who has played both, what are the differences between 6 and 7 besides graphics?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im thinking about getting a ps4 for the new crib but wont have a ton of money to drop on games. ive always liked the feel of mmos, something about an open world and actual living community in the game. anyone got some good console mmo's or at least open world rpg's aside from the typical skyrim and fallout? im thinking im gonna get ESO or destiny2, unless theres some other shit out there i havent heard of yet.

also, biomutant looks fire, coming out in 2018, cartoony looking open world rpg, looks really sick.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
im thinking about getting a ps4 for the new crib but wont have a ton of money to drop on games. ive always liked the feel of mmos, something about an open world and actual living community in the game. anyone got some good console mmo's or at least open world rpg's aside from the typical skyrim and fallout? im thinking im gonna get ESO or destiny2, unless theres some other shit out there i havent heard of yet.

also, biomutant looks fire, coming out in 2018, cartoony looking open world rpg, looks really sick.
I really enjoyed AC origins if your an AC fan. Im stuck on Monster Hunter World RN lol.

I heard The Witcher 3 is supppsed to be really good as well

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really enjoyed AC origins if your an AC fan. Im stuck on Monster Hunter World RN lol.

I heard The Witcher 3 is supppsed to be really good as well
ive never been an AC fan. checked out MH on youtube though and that looks fire as fuck, i might go ahead and get that when i buy the console.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
ive never been an AC fan. checked out MH on youtube though and that looks fire as fuck, i might go ahead and get that when i buy the console.
Be ready to have no life if you do....it has been consuming all the free time i have lol. Its taking away from my draft research

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Be ready to have no life if you do....it has been consuming all the free time i have lol. Its taking away from my draft research
That's what I want lol. immersive games is life. I always got immersed in wow, been playing it heavy since 06, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. My laptop is shit and can't handle the current version so I play classic versions on private servers which are total aids. thinj it's time to move on

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's what I want lol. immersive games is life. I always got immersed in wow, been playing it heavy since 06, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. My laptop is shit and can't handle the current version so I play classic versions on private servers which are total aids. thinj it's time to move on
Ya then youll love MHW. Its a constant grind and everything you do feels totally worth it.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
online or single player?
I started on single player but ive been going online lately. Takes less time to kill monsters lol. Only neg about playing online is that you cant really pick and choose which quest you go on. If you havent progressed through the story enough you cant join certain quests. Single player is probably more rewarding when you complete a quest though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Any of you turds play elder scrolls online on PS4? I'm starting to get into it pretty deep and need some homies to play with, hard to socialize on console mmo though because typing sucks ass

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
From what I've played so far, it's a masterpiece. If the game continues on like this for the whole journey then it might even end up being one of my favorite games of all-time.
Damn. High praise. Did they really get rid of the chains though????? That was like the best part of the series.

Im on monster hunter world now. Fun game just cant get the chance to play with all my papers i should be writing.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn. High praise. Did they really get rid of the chains though????? That was like the best part of the series.

Im on monster hunter world now. Fun game just cant get the chance to play with all my papers i should be writing.

Yeah, the main weapon in the game is called the Leviathan Axe and it's pretty damn sweet. You can throw it at enemies or stuff in the environment and then bring it back to Kratos with the press of a button.

God of War is the best game Ive played in a number of years. Its the complete package. There’s a certain moment that happens half way or so in the story that is incredible and set up perfectly.