• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Vacancies already for:

Raiders
Chargers
Panthers

Will have to monitor where more come from but some potentials (some more likely than other):
Commanders
Patriots
Falcons

and some rumours around Vrabel and the Titans...

Other situations to monitor:
Saints (apparently Allen's safe)
Giants and Eagles (rumours about an unexpected NFC East team firing)
Bills (if they miss the playoffs)

NFL hiring procedures have changed slightly but don't foresee any major impact... but it does give a slight advantage to candidates from college like... Jim Harbaugh who has rumours swirling around him again.

Mike Macdonald is expected to be a big name in this hiring cycle. Will be interesting to see where he ends up interviewing.

EDITED LIST OF CURRENT VACANCIES:
Las Vegas Raiders - ANTONIO PIERCE
LA Chargers - JIM HARBAUGH
Carolina Panthers - DAVE CANALES
Washington Commanders
Atlanta Falcons - RAHEEM MORRIS
Tennessee Titans - BRIAN CALLAHAN
Seattle Seahawks
New England Patriots - JEROD MAYO

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Vacancies already for:

Raiders
Chargers
Panthers

Will have to monitor where more come from but some potentials (some more likely than other):
Commanders
Patriots
Falcons

and some rumours around Vrabel and the Titans...

Other situations to monitor:
Saints (apparently Allen's safe)
Giants and Eagles (rumours about an unexpected NFC East team firing)
Bills (if they miss the playoffs)

NFL hiring procedures have changed slightly but don't foresee any major impact... but it does give a slight advantage to candidates from college like... Jim Harbaugh who has rumours swirling around him again.

Mike Macdonald is expected to be a big name in this hiring cycle. Will be interesting to see where he ends up interviewing.
They said last week Smith is safe in ATL for another year.

And I reckon Vrabel is a major candidate to replace BB in NE.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I think it does help that interviews can't happen until after the divisional round so Mike will be able to focus on whoever we are playing. Obviously he will get interviews but again hoping he stays.

Cowboys are apparently the “surprise” team. Rumored that McCarthy could be gone if they shit the bed in the playoffs again.
I would not be surprised if the Cowboys chase Jim Harbaugh and Jerry chases after a big name Head Coach like Harbaugh. Though I do think after dealing with San Fran, Jim will likely be cautious about where he goes and won't put himself in a situation with bad ownership.

Simba

Staff Member
I think it does help that interviews can't happen until after the divisional round so Mike will be able to focus on whoever we are playing. Obviously he will get interviews but again hoping he stays.

I would not be surprised if the Cowboys chase Jim Harbaugh and Jerry chases after a big name Head Coach like Harbaugh. Though I do think after dealing with San Fran, Jim will likely be cautious about where he goes and won't put himself in a situation with bad ownership.
Sounds like in this scenario, the Cowboys would go to Dan Quinn.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sounds like in this scenario, the Cowboys would go to Dan Quinn.
I could see that happening too. That's exactly what we need to do with Macdonald, give him a raise and tell him he's the Head Coach in waiting.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Falcons wasting no time with Black Monday. Falcons fire Arthur Smith, GM Terry Fontenot is safe.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ron Rivera has been fired

GM Panthers Scott Fitterer has been fired as well

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Commanders have put out requests to interview both coordinators of the Lions (Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn). Of course no interview can happen until after the 21st

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Top candidates:

Offensive Background:
Jim Harbaugh
Ben Johnson
Bobby Slowik
Eric Bieniemy

Defensive Background:
Dan Quinn
Antonio Pierce
Mike Macdonald