• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Ekeler isn't a good RB. He's a good pass catching RB, but he's been a highly inefficient, largely ineffective, runner of the football for quite some time now.
They were still 8th in rushing yards, and 6th in yards per carry. Still among the upper tier of the NFL.

Being able to run the ball wasn't the issue.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The fall of Eric Bieniemy is a strange one. He was seen as a rising coach in KC and it seemed he was destined one day to become a NFL Head Coach. I know stuff came out that he did poor in interviews, everyone said it was Andy Reid, etc. He went to Washington, where people thought Rivera would have got fired midseason and he would have became interim Head Coach. That didn't happen, and now he's the Associate Head Coach/OC for the UCLA Bruins.

He badly wanted to show that he's more than just Andy Reid's assistant, but rolled the dice on an awful team.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They were still 8th in rushing yards, and 6th in yards per carry. Still among the upper tier of the NFL.

Being able to run the ball wasn't the issue.
When? That wasn't in 2023.
In 2023, the Chargers were 25th in team rushing yards and 26th in YPC.
Ekeler was among the top 15 paid and top 10 highest cap hits among RBs. He was also outside the top 30 in rushing attempts, outside the top 35 in terms of rushing yardage, and had literally a replacement level RB YPC #.

His value is 100% tied to his abilities in the passing game.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
When? That wasn't in 2023.
In 2023, the Chargers were 25th in team rushing yards and 26th in YPC.
Ekeler was among the top 15 paid and top 10 highest cap hits among RBs. He was also outside the top 30 in rushing attempts, outside the top 35 in terms of rushing yardage, and had literally a replacement level RB YPC #.

His value is 100% tied to his abilities in the passing game.
Yeah, that was my bad. I had the team stats order reversed, going from worst to best.