• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and The Special Teams

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
4 TDs. The Lamar can’t play well in the playoffs narrative can go fuck itself
This narrative is why I want to play the Bills next week. Some of their fans on social media have been doing the rounds with the "he can't throw, take away his running ability and we win" bullshit and I want to see them humiliated

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

in hindsight, it was pretty telling that harbs seemed so calm and confident in the post half-time interview, he knew that we were gonna blow the doors off in the 2nd half

I got the same feeling, big smile and said “oh Lamar’s playing great” immediately after 3 straight 3 and outs lmao

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
What the hell is he even doing so well? He’s just really fucking good at TE and he looks mad goofy doing it. I love it.
I think it's just the way he runs very low to the ground that makes him so hard to decipher as a route runner. Plus his ability with the ball in hand, the way he can plant his feet and start in a bit and then stiff arm a dude for 10 yards is pretty insane.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Defense wasn’t even having 3rd down collapses. The Texans game plan was to keep stroud untouched, and as part of that strategy he was real quick to roll out and force 5-6 seconds of coverage, he made some flukey big completions off of those early.
I really don't see it that way at all. I don't think those were flukey nor do I think the punt was flukey. We just played bad.

Like Singletary just beat Queen in coverage. Their TE just big bodied Darby. Collins just got Stephens. All after pass rush not getting home.

Just turns out that in the second half when we got a sense of what Stroud was gonna do, coverage held up.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Had some early issues where the downfield was taking too long to develop and we were taking sacks. What do we do? Adjust and have quick slants and screens. What a wild concept. Can’t believe this is the first year we’re seeing that in a long time.
Basically end of the 1st half and adjust the 2nd half. Who knew.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really don't see it that way at all. I don't think those were flukey nor do I think the punt was flukey. We just played bad.

Like Singletary just beat Queen in coverage. Their TE just big bodied Darby. Collins just got Stephens. All after pass rush not getting home.

Just turns out that in the second half when we got a sense of what Stroud was gonna do, coverage held up.
Didn’t queen get his arm between singletarys arms on that catch?

Had some early issues where the downfield was taking too long to develop and we were taking sacks. What do we do? Adjust and have quick slants and screens. What a wild concept. Can’t believe this is the first year we’re seeing that in a long time.
Yeah ain’t it sweet? It’s gonna suck if we lose Monken.