• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Chiefs (AFC Championship)

Carptom1

Practice Squad

Oh my God. As a Chiefs fan it is pretty weak to already be looking for excuses for a loss. If both teams play the best they can play you guys win. This is why we play the game.

To the previous posters that somehow feel disrespected by only being a 3.5 point favorite, that’s absurd. Based on what? Beating a rookie QB/ head coach by 24 last week? Or giving up 30+ points to the Rams/ Browns at home. You are not going to rush for 200+ yards as some have said. Spags is a great DC with multiple SB wins. He now has the personal. He will make Lamar beat him with his arm. He very well may do it as he is capable and it would certainly knock back the naysayers, but our corners are the best you have seen this year. Sneed gave up his first TD Sunday and it took a heroic throw and a better catch. I think this will be a bloody, knock down classic. We have not allowed any team to score over 27 points, and only allowed 24 once.

Hopefully we can have some friendly banter on here as I have done with the Bills and 49ers. If not that’s ok too ( the Bengals and Eagles can’t) You guys have a great team and if we lose win it all

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Oh my God. As a Chiefs fan it is pretty weak to already be looking for excuses for a loss. If both teams play the best they can play you guys win. This is why we play the game.

To the previous posters that somehow feel disrespected by only being a 3.5 point favorite, that’s absurd. Based on what? Beating a rookie QB/ head coach by 24 last week? Or giving up 30+ points to the Rams/ Browns at home. You are not going to rush for 200+ yards as some have said. Spags is a great DC with multiple SB wins. He now has the personal. He will make Lamar beat him with his arm. He very well may do it as he is capable and it would certainly knock back the naysayers, but our corners are the best you have seen this year. Sneed gave up his first TD Sunday and it took a heroic throw and a better catch. I think this will be a bloody, knock down classic. We have not allowed any team to score over 27 points, and only allowed 24 once.

Hopefully we can have some friendly banter on here as I have done with the Bills and 49ers. If not that’s ok too ( the Bengals and Eagles can’t) You guys have a great team and if we lose win it all
Ok

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The NFL named Bill Vinovich the ref for the Super Bowl and CBS Sports has a article detailing the records of the final four teams with Vinovich as the ref. Should be noted that Vinovich was the ref for the game against the 49ers on Christmas. So again... all this talk about the refs but as long as we do what we've done all season, we will be fine.

Lions: 2-2 (1-0 in 2023)
49ers: 2-4 (0-1 in 2023)
Ravens: 7-2 (2-0 in 2023)
Chiefs: 5-2 (0-0 in 2023)

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Fuck off

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Why? Are you truly delighted to know the NFL is soft-fixing this game to give the Chiefs and Swift an advantage? I agree it won't matter as long as the Ravens blow the Chiefs out of the water. However, if the game is close (unlikely but possible), then the advantage goes to the Chiefs by the referee chosen for the game. This is not an excuse, but a reality. Warren Sharp has no stake in the outcome, except he is an analyst who runs numbers and he knows this is a very road team-friendly referee.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ha ha there you go
We’re not very accepting of other teams’ fans that come around here especially before games because they just disappear after their team loses. Plus you came in looking for a fight with the whole “already looking for excuses for a loss” statement as if the refs don’t suck ya’ll off. So again, fuck off

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Why? Are you truly delighted to know the NFL is soft-fixing this game to give the Chiefs and Swift an advantage? I agree it won't matter as long as the Ravens blow the Chiefs out of the water. However, if the game is close (unlikely but possible), then the advantage goes to the Chiefs by the referee chosen for the game. This is not an excuse, but a reality. Warren Sharp has no stake in the outcome, except he is an analyst who runs numbers and he knows this is a very road team-friendly referee.
Who said I was delighted? There was one call in our favor that was obviously not right. I thought it was bullshit. Allen also got away with an obvious illegal forward pass. They also overturned the goal line fumble, which could have been inconclusive. Opposing fans think we never get bad calls. Simply not true. There is no conspiracy it is just with all the camera angles social media we see all their flaws.

BTW we hate the Swift shit too. Kelce is a douche but we put up with him because he’s good

Carptom1

Practice Squad
We’re not very accepting of other teams’ fans that come around here especially before games because they just disappear after their team loses. Plus you came in looking for a fight with the whole “already looking for excuses for a loss” statement as if the refs don’t suck ya’ll off. So again, fuck off

So I have been on a Bills chat for 3-4 years.

I have pretty thick skin. I will love you until you can love yourself

I prefer opposing teams because Chiefs planet is just a bunch of guys sucking off mahomes

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

To the previous posters that somehow feel disrespected by only being a 3.5 point favorite, that’s absurd. Based on what?
Based on the fact we are the best team in the league by a country mile and you aren't as good as you once were.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’re gonna have to score before we do that tho, because I think spags is going blitz heavy early and make it real hard to run. Ground game takes over in the third.

Saw the Bills run up and down the Chiefs even with the box loaded.

I wonder if Cook is going to get more carries this game.

CroftonRaven

Practice Squad
Chiefs fans are among the most arrogant in the nation. I guess that comes with their recent history of late.

But while it didn't matter last year, I always come back to the fact that this team really misses Tyreek Hill. Easy to say that this year after all the dropsies by their WRs.

But of late Kansas City has run pretty well in 13 personnel, with the 2 TEs and Isiah Pacheco. If the Ravens could put the clamp on that, it's sayonara for them. I do think the Ravens Cover, probably win by 2 scores. 34-24 or something like that.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

just so you know. I picked this up off the Chiefs forum and posted it here. No excuses here, we will be beating you fair and square.

Welcome to the boards.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
watching the packers vs chiefs
-Playaction
-bootlegs
-Runs through their centers and guard is effective

redrum52

Hall of Famer
they may well draw up some new stuff
but it wont be this 13 personnel stuff because that plays right into our hands with Roquan, Hamilton and Smith in the game...
This is what I thought. They dont want to remove Maulet and get Hamilton in the box.